PS3 to get even better at taking your money with add-on credit card reader

It's... Kinda the same thing as buying wiipoints in the shop channel...

Except with this, you don't have to buy points. You directly pay for the stuff.

Sony just making it easier for people to buy their stuff.
I don't see the harm.

acphydro said:
Thats the stupidest statement I've ever heard. Credit cards are good for a variety of reasons. If you can't control yourself and be responsible thats when you shouldn't have a credit card. I've got a card with a $4000 spending limit. I've had it for 2 years now, my current balance is $25. I used it for gas the other day. Bottom line is if you can't afford something don't buy it.

That's not really an opinion, thats more of a flame towards people that do have them. Agreed that some people shouldn't have credit cards, but those of us that are responsible should if needed.

Why are they needed? If you cant afford it, then dont buy it. If you can afford it then use cash or a debit card. The only benefit to have a credit card is if you pay your balance off every month and they are giving you flyer miles or other things. Over 80% of poeple do not pay off their balance every month. Out of those people that do pay it off, a very small percentage actually use the rewards given to them.

You said they are good for a variety of reasons but didnt name one :lol: There are no good reasons besides rewards, but thats if you pay it off in full every month. I guess you can say it builds up your credit, but if you can for your cars with cash then its not really needed. If you need a loan to buy a home, a bank will care about debt to income ratio over a credit score anyday.

Credit cards, cash advances, & auto loans are all for stupid people. Well not really stupid, but people who enjoy being ripped off.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:
Why are they needed? If you cant afford it, then dont buy it. If you can afford it then use cash or a debit card. The only benefit to have a credit card is if you pay your balance off every month and they are giving you flyer miles or other things. Over 80% of poeple do not pay off their balance every month. Out of those people that do pay it off, a very small percentage actually use the rewards given to them.

You said they are good for a variety of reasons but didnt name one :lol: There are no good reasons besides rewards, but thats if you pay it off in full every month. I guess you can say it builds up your credit, but if you can for your cars with cash then its not really needed. If you need a loan to buy a home, a bank will care about debt to income ratio over a credit score anyday.

Credit cards, cash advances, & auto loans are all for stupid people. Well not really stupid, but people who enjoy being ripped off.

Was no need to name any reasons, its pretty much common knowledge. Emergency situations and no direct link to bank account are two major reasons if you need a few. Not to mention some people can afford to spend say $600 on a PS3, but $150/week for that month is much easier to swallow for some. Rewards are a plus. Paying off in full monthly is easy as long as you know how to manage your money, if not then it is agreed those people shall not have credit cards for their own sake or at least not those with high limits.

So speaking for yourself it does appear true that you shouldn't probably have one, especially after reading this last statement. You are implying that around 90% of the adult population is stupid, which is kind of ironic in your case, as that clearly proves my theory of you living in your own little fantasy world.

Last edited:
Wii&Ps3 said:

Well the most obvious reason is Consumer Confidence.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Imo anybody stupid enought to own a credit card deserves to get their money taken from them.

if you can control yourself its good to have. especially for emergencies

Last edited:
Trulen said:
It's... Kinda the same thing as buying wiipoints in the shop channel...

Except with this, you don't have to buy points. You directly pay for the stuff.

Sony just making it easier for people to buy their stuff.
I don't see the harm.

the things they'll use this for prob wont be like vc but probly buying bonuses for games etc.

it just shows how bad they want money. i mean cmon. is that even a needed component? no, all it does is make it easier for them to get your money. i really hope it is just a rumor, i really do. if not that is sad. with them charging $50 more for the ps3 in canada, and now going to charge like $235 dollars more in the UK, then all i can smell is a greedy, dirty, hog.
you know what that is called? its called making up their losses from the wapping 679,000 consoles theyve sold here. so they take it out on other countries. it was very brass of them to think anyone would pay that for a console, period, let alone one with problems still lurking 2 months later that their new update didnt do jack to fix. but, that of course, is my opinion.

dedpoet777 said:
it just shows how bad they want money. i mean cmon. is that even a needed component? no, all it does is make it easier for them to get your money. i really hope it is just a rumor, i really do. if not that is sad. with them charging $50 more for the ps3 in canada, and now going to charge like $235 dollars more in the UK, then all i can smell is a greedy, dirty, hog.
you know what that is called? its called making up their losses from the wapping 679,000 consoles theyve sold here. so they take it out on other countries. it was very brass of them to think anyone would pay that for a console, period, let alone one with problems still lurking 2 months later that their new update didnt do jack to fix. but, that of course, is my opinion.
ninty makes profit per console on wii? i expect you to think the same as nintendo + more, referring to....greedy,dirty,hog

Well the most obvious reason is Consumer Confidence.

How do you get confidence from borrowing some elses money? Its no different than asking money from your mom.

Emergency situations and no direct link to bank account are two major reasons if you need a few

So speaking for yourself it does appear true that you shouldn't probably have one, especially after reading this last statement. You are implying that around 90% of the adult population is stupid, which is kind of ironic in your case, as that clearly proves my theory of you living in your own little fantasy world.

I have $2,000 sitting in my bedroom in a fire safe box. I also have another $5,000 sitting in a cd that I can write checks with. Those are both of my emergency funds. They do not get spent unless its an emergency. No need for a credit card.

Theres that small portion of the population that actually pays it off every month. People who have credit card debt arent completely stupid, just stupid with their money.

Wii&Ps3 said:
How do you get confidence from borrowing some elses money? Its no different than asking money from your mom.

I have $2,000 sitting in my bedroom in a fire safe box. I also have another $5,000 sitting in a cd that I can write checks with. Those are both of my emergency funds. They do not get spent unless its an emergency. No need for a credit card.

Theres that small portion of the population that actually pays it off every month. People who have credit card debt arent completely stupid, just stupid with their money.

I guess you don't know what Consumer Confidence is? I'm sure when you have a credit card you don't go to ask your mum to borrow some money..do you?

Wii&Ps3 said:
You wasted money on a safe to put $2000 dollars in which could be in the bank gaining interest.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Wii&Ps3 said:
When i was 18 I got one because I thought it was the smart thing to do. The interest rate was about 9% which isnt horrible, but its just plain stupid. I had it for a couple of years but wised up and got rid of it.

So, you don't use a bank card or anything?

Honestly, i wish there was something like this on the Wii for VC games.

It's probably better that there's not, or I'd waste a lot of money on those. Some of them are good, though.

There's very few of them that I don't have, but then I'd have to hook up ALL of my systems, which just makes a mess in the living room.

Like Sonic. I'm still not sure why i bought Sonic... I have 2 Genesis', and I may have it on DC, too, but I don't remember.

It's a good game, though. I remember when it came out I played it and hard drivin' all summer, between visits to the pool.

CrowTRobot said:
You wasted money on a safe to put $2000 dollars in which could be in the bank gaining interest.

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hehehe... that's good.

Maybe he's holding onto it in case society collapses. money won't be any good then, though, unless you're using it for toilet paper.

I've got about $3000 or so sitting in a tall safe right next to this computer. It's not in cash form, though;) This is the kind of currency that goes boom.

CrowTRobot said:

DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Good point once again lol. I was thinking the same thing but decided it wasn't worth trying to talk good sense into the kid lol.

BlenderWizard said:
If we go any deeper into this discussion, I'm gonna have to break out my tinfoil hat...

If you double post again I'm gonna have to alert the mods :p

Back