PS3s Not hiding anymore?

LilWiiWii

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
8012-6169-7562-1411
I've noticed Ps3s showing up out of the blue. Yesterday target had 2 left at 1 pm (20 gigs though) and Gamestop has been getting them everyday atleast 5 consoles! (3 60gb and 2 20gb) I think they are being smuggled in the country:lol: Its great news to the ones still searching for one, Call every gamestop in your zipcode area, you might be very lucky for them to hold one down over the phone.

its because everyone wants a wii. This dude near me, a mom and pop store has like 3 of them and says every week he gets one and hasn't been able to sell one yet. muahahaha.

wait, how much is ps3 60gb normally?

TheWiiSucks said:
Well for those that have a Wii or been wanting to get one might want to think again or at least really watch what is going on because there is some really bad news for Nintendo. Even settling out of court is still a big hit to a company if that is the route they have to take.

"Nintendo Sued for Patent Infringement
The Wiimote may not be as unique as we thought.
by Micah Seff
December 8, 2006 - In a surprising turn of events, Nintendo is already the target of litigious action concerning its newly released Wii console. California-based Interlink electronics has filed a complaint against Nintendo for what it has deemed to be a case of copyright infringement over the pointing functionalities of the Wiimote.
Gaming blog Kotaku has obtained a court filing, issued by the US District Court of Delaware, which accuses Nintendo of infringing on a patent filed previously by Interlink Electronics. The court filing claims that Interlink Electronics has suffered "loss of reasonable royalties, reduced sales and/or lost profits as a result of the infringing activities of" Nintendo.
The claim refers to a patent filed in February, 2005 which refers to a device titled "Trigger Operated Electronic Device." The patent describes the advice as a "trigger operated device in the nature of a pointing device for use with an electronic system such as a computer." The patent continues to describe a device which, on the surface, sounds an awful like the Wii's controller.
The complaint demands that Nintendo be enjoined and restrained from further infringing on the patent, presumably by taking the Wii off the market. Furthermore, the filing demands that the court order Nintendo to pay Interlink three times the assessed damages, including prejudgment interests and attorney fees. Additionally, the plaintiff is demanding a jury trial of any and all issues pertaining to the case".

We already know this and its really not a big deal!
Piss off!!! Nobody loves you dumbass!!!

i see only one page on this thread. no where in the thread is that dude that was quoted. that is weird? That guy name was wiisucks lol, wtf is up with that also?
that whole post was weird.

GreyKirby said:
Wow what got into you,
He was trying to be helpful and your just being a jerk to him.

:lol: wish you were here before his posts were deleted

I went into Wal-Mart today in Dallas, Oregon and there, right there in the big ol' case were
4 Ps3's!! Four of them! 2 60's and 2 20's.....I was shocked, after hearing all the shortage/long line hooplah.
Funny thing, no one was really interested or even looking at them, and there were NO WII'S AVAILABLE AT ALL. All sold out.
Go Nintendo, keep bringing down Goliath!!! hahah....

Transfixed said:
I went into Wal-Mart today in Dallas, Oregon and there, right there in the big ol' case were
4 Ps3's!! Four of them! 2 60's and 2 20's.....I was shocked, after hearing all the shortage/long line hooplah.
Funny thing, no one was really interested or even looking at them, and there were NO WII'S AVAILABLE AT ALL. All sold out.
Go Nintendo, keep bringing down Goliath!!! hahah....

Honestly though, from the sound of this lawsuit... Nintendo is getting hit pretty hard for stealing technology ideas... something you guys were saying Sony was doing. Interesting isn't it? Nintendo is ACTUALLY the ones stealing and Sony was the one twisting it into something completely different. So what can Nintendo fanboys say now?

Well, I may be wrong, but I think the only reason there were more Wii sales was because you can get a quality console from a family known company for a good price.

The PS3 on the other hand is known for their graphics (which happens to be compairable to the XBOX 360), the gameplay of it is pretty much a copy from other consoles or their own version that isn't that good, the company originally worked with Nintendo for an attachment for one of their consoles but got in an arguement, that resulted in the PlayStation, because of that, it isn't as widely known as the Nintendo is, also, the price is $600, not worth it

The reason I went with the Wii was the price, I needed something for entertainment that I could take with me wherever I go that didn't cost an arm and a leg

Just a FYI. I had a PS3 (20GB) that finally bid up to what I paid for it after its 3rd run through ebay.

I promptly returned it to walmart.

BlenderWizard said:
Just a FYI. I had a PS3 (20GB) that finally bid up to what I paid for it after its 3rd run through ebay.

I promptly returned it to walmart.

Serves you right, you don't buy consoles to put on the internet. Let the people who want them buy them.

Back