PSP and PS2 for wii and DSL

Umbrous

Midnight Toker
Jun 21, 2007
USA, Midwest
Hello all, I am brand new to the scene basically because I use to think sony knew what they were doing with a "gaming platform" until they sprinted from the meaning of a gaming platform to "Home entertainment system".

I noticed that I never touch my PS2 and that my PSP is only useful for things my PC or laptop(s) can do; And that I never actually use the PSP for anything it was advertised for and had to turn to homebrew just to use it to its potential. The little things like emulators and PS1 games. The PSP is useful in a very limited sense even when "unlocked". Some hardware error (probably from the custom firmware) prevents me from using my wifi, coming up with a dns error that in unsolvable. My wifi barely gets used and would get a good workout with a wii/DSL.

I am looking to spice things up in my gaming life, as my PS2 has sat idle collecting dust (which is its usual activity) while sony pushes out its PS3 junk that I wouldn't waste my money on and don't care to spam or read about it daily like they do at the "Gamers advisory panel" at playstation.com. I look at all of the games being released for the PS2 and I don't even care after reading the descriptions, they're a waste of money and are generally never fun for more than a week at best. So I am considering selling my PS2 and PSP, everything included, to get at least a DSL and pearl. Maybe eventually purchasing a nintendo wii and the new pokemon game (that will work with D/P, and doesn't look bad at all, in fact looks pretty fun playing it the way it was meant to be so to say) coming out the 25th. I don't know why but suddenly I am hurled back into what I use to play as a kid, I don't have any explanation for it and don't care to withdraw anymore. No point. Just want to have a good time.

(I hate ebay, FYI, every time I try to sell no one bids to win and I end up losing too much money)

list:
PSP 3.03OEA with absolute power skin and aluminum metal case / 1GB stick
Network PS2 w/Networking disc / 1PS2 1PSX memory cards
Controllers / Headset / Keyboard / Cables
FFX / FFVII / FFT / FF Chronicles Chrono Trigger disc / MGS3: Subsistence / DDR:Konamix + 1 pad / Silent Hill / Tekken 3 / Tekken Tag Tourney / MGS Portable Ops / GTA:LCS.

Probably have to take the skin, case, and firmware off but other than that what do you think? Is it even worth trying to go to places like gamestop, etc? Perhaps there is a place where I can actually sell it without getting ripped off by ebay? Thanks for your time.

edit: Called local gamestop they said they would give $30 which pisses me off enough to beat them with the PS2 itself. Pawning wouldn't be any better. The thing just sits there never being used and I have no way to get rid of it. UGHH

Last edited:
ehh forget it, I just bought an onyx DS lite and PKMN pearl with some bank. Still though the fat/networked PS2 is going for 30$. That is just ridiculous.

Anyway, as soon as it gets here I will put up my info so I can meet some cool 420 friendly people, if there be any.

I may get a wii but I don't know yet, I would have to get a lot more cash.

Back