psp help

con77

Joined the dark side
Mar 8, 2007
Manchester
if any one has a psp can they please help me

i have a psp and i've lost the charger and to save me buying a new one is there any other way to charge my psp via wii or computer

thanks

Umm..have you got a cable to link your psp to the PC? Maybe it charges it then?

surfinrach90 said:
Umm..have you got a cable to link your psp to the PC? Maybe it charges it then?

yes i have but my psp does not have enough battery power to turn it self on

you should of got a USB cord with the PSP-

see if that charges it since i dont know

psp chargers are fairly inexpensive though. pelican makes dirt cheap ones i know that for a fact. i bought one at radioshack since they sell them

i do have i usb connector to the pc but i think your psp has to be on to charge it

con77 said:
i do have i usb connector to the pc but i think your psp has to be on to charge it

oh im sorry then :(

just go and get a new one. like i said the one i got didnt cost me much at all, i think 15$

i read a thread name on a different forum that someone hooked up their psp to their ps2 and charged it......... i didn't read it so i don't know if its a ps2 slim or the original ps2

You can charge the PSP via a USB port, but the mini USB port on the PSP is not used for charging, you have to get a charger/data link Y cable for it, the one end of the cable with the USB part goes into the computer, the mini USB plugs into the top of the PSP (for data transfer), and the 3rd end goes into the power input on the bottom where the original charger plugs in, what you could do, which I highly suggest you don't is to take an average USB cable, cut the B end off if it (the end that looks like a square with the tops bent in, or like a house with half of the roof cut off of it) take the USB A (rectangle end) strip out some of the wires to work with, to the same thing with a charger wire with the same size as the PSP, splice the power wires of the USB cable (I think the black and white ones, red and green are for data I think, but i'm not sure, I don't even remember the USB wire colors), to the wires of the charger end, use heatshrink tubing or electical tape to tape the wires so they don't touch and to cover them up, plug the USB A end (rectangle) into your PC, Wii, PS2/3, USB hub, pretty much anything with a USB port on it that gives out power, I believe even some televisions have powered USB ports, and plug the charger end of the cord to your PSP's power connection, the PSP's AC charging screen brightness setting will not be able to be enabled, but it will charge the PSP (the PSP has 3 brightness settings, but if you plug it into an AC outlet, you can get 4 brightness settings, won't work with this little hack though)

Back