Psp or Ds, Need help FAST

zurukea

Billy Talent is awesomest
Jun 20, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
Ok, so Christmas is around the corner and I want a portable gaming system. First thought was the Ds but with the release of the new PSp Slim im having second thoughts. Most of my friends have a DS so thats add to that. I am going to do a bit of homebrew so that might add to the PSP for its Memory Stick. I love both MArio Kart and GTA so That dosn't help. The DS has longer battery time but the PSP also plays movies and Music. I just need some seggestions from people who have had or have both

Thanks a Million, Zurukea

Well, lets see if i can help you out here. i own both a psp and a ds. i just got the ds and am putting some major hours into it. Lately i have been spending a lot of my time on my ds playing zelda phantom hourglass. if you are wanting something that has nicer graphics and more mature games, then the psp is the way to go. Especially if you are planning on putting a good portion of media on it. There are a few good games out there that make the psp worth owning as well. however, for the ds, with the games that i have seen/played, you definatly have some fun titles out there. imo, ds games have a lot more playability. another thing to take into consideration is the stylus. if you know that a stylus would be annoying, that dont even boother with the ds. but like i said, if you are looking for something that looks good graphic wise w/ media playback and more mature (and not to mention, a large selection of games). then i'd say go for the psp.

i have both. games on ds get a bit boring.... bad graphics.... fun nonetheless.. but i say go w/ the new PSP

DS

If anything get it for the humungo library of games.

If you really want lots of multimedia functions go with the psp though. It really depends what you are looking for.

DS-Pros
Great Games
Durable System
Long Battery Life
Innovative Gameplay
Wii-Conectivity (Especially once the demo channel comes out here)

PSP-Pros
Higher resolution graphics
Wide-screen
Multi-Media
Full movies and Series

DS-Cons
Media only through third party add-ons

PSP-Cons
Long Load Times
Scratches when you breath on it
UMD movies almost exclusively Sony properties (limited selection)
That button that doesn't work as a design feature
Short battery life (Original, like 5hrs video or 3hrs gaming)

DS $130
PSP $170

This may help you a little, I'm planning on doing a little bit of homebrew. WIth the PSP because of the memoery stick homebrew is easy. With the DS you need GAmes N Music. All my friends got a DS and I love Mario Kart. Im drifting back to the DS. One thing is, This sound sorta cheap, but I could get one for Christmas and get the other late spring early summer. Acutally maybe I'll go DS again. I don't know, i'll talk to my friends tomorrow and go to the mall saturday, and update you on Sunday lolz

I got a DS and I'm happy with it, but I am now considering getting a PSP. It seems to me that there are still more good games on the DS though overall, so I personally recommend DS. Plus it can play advance games.

i have a ds with all the games listed in my signature. i love it. i also had to choose, and i went with the ds and do not regret it a bit. i have an 80gb ipod so media was not an issue for me.

however, the ds is capable of almost everything that the psp is capable with 3rd party add on memory and such. you can play music, movies, pics, and homebrews on it. i like to buy my games myself, but for those who dont you can def use homebrew on it.

plus in my opinion the games and the touch screen own the psp. phantom hourglass was amazing and truly innovative. plus there are tons more great titles to choose from.

good luck with your choice.

Well, Last night I was thinking about some ideas. The I got this, What IF I got the PSP for Christmas and then used all the Money From People to buy a Ds, Id have both then =) Can anyone see that being a good or bad IDea?

If you want, but between the two, I think I would lean towards the DS (AND SONE MOTHER ****ING SCREEN PROTECTORS FOR SURE)

I've got both. Besides great games like Burnout: Legends and GTA: LCS, get the DS. I don't listen to songs on my PSP - you can't store many (well, I can't with my amount of memory) and to be honest I'd rather listen to my (much smaller) iPod.

In general, DS games are better. In fact, in general the DS is better.

zurukea said:
Well, Last night I was thinking about some ideas. The I got this, What IF I got the PSP for Christmas and then used all the Money From People to buy a Ds, Id have both then =) Can anyone see that being a good or bad IDea?

So, if you can get a PSP as a present, then do it that way, because the DS is still like 50 dollars cheaper, so it would be easier to buy with gift money.

I have both. I don't like either. Get the DS if you want slightly better games, get the PSP if you want to use the media functions.

About homebrew: Has the PSP Slim been cracked yet? You might want to check that before buying one. And for homebrew on the DS you can buy a R4DS.

Ahh, Deciosions are hard, I can't decide, One minute I'll decide Ds, then the Other Psp. Right now it seems like 60 percent likelyeness* for PSp and 40 for DS. Some of my friends said that PSP is cool or they wished they got PSp instead of Ds While others say that PSP sucks and DS is way better ( not my opnion don't flame me ) Im starting to think that I should go PSP, I can go without Mario KArt, PictoChat, and a second screen. Plus I love Gta Games. I'll update again tomorrow evening.

Back