PSP screen is dim, Why?

Tekken Fan

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2011
Georgia
i got a PSP from a friend and for some reason while im using it sometimes the screen gets Dim where i can faintly see anything.while it's doing so the screen flashes faintly.sometimes(on vary rare occasions)the screen gets so dim i can't see anything.anyway i can fix this Issue or why is it doing so.my ideal is the Backlight is working improperly(broken)

Yep, you can increase brightness with the small button with a square on it (not the Square from the X, Triangle, Circle layout) to the left of Start & Select, or at least that's the button layout on the 3000 models.

I would imagine that's not the problem though, lol. If the screen's backlight is turning dull or fading randomly, that can't be a good thing. How old's the PSP? Is it damaged at all (internal or external)?

i tried the Brightness button on it and it does nothing(I knew there was a brightness button and where it was)plus i said it only goes dim at certain times and most of the time the screen goes bright again.the Brightness button might be broken because nothing happens when i press it.and it is a PSP 1001 and like i said,got it from a friend so i don't know how old it is.

Also my Start button dosent work and i need it to work to play games that require it to start the game(Tekken Dark Resurrection)how do i get it to work or do i need to buy another start button?

I can't say it'd be very simple in replacing the start button, since it could be faulty wiring instead of the button itself. Fixing the backlight would be even more challenging... Unfortunately, it is sounding like you got a poor deal. =(

Yeah i guess i got"had"but thing is,i only payed $5.00 for it.before he gave me this one he gave me another PSP 1001 but the screen was Broken in the inside but luckily i can fix that easily with a new screen for $25.00.but guys i can always play games that dont require the start button.

Just look for a place that can repair it. If you cant, just toss it and keep the memory card and get a new one if you want.

A total of $30~ to purchase and fix a broken PSP? From a rip-off to a bargain, lol. I'd be blissful if I got my PSP for that price.

Back