psp?

Yellow_Wii

wii owner since release
Sep 5, 2006
yei thought id post it in here seeming it is ps talk

anyway a couple of my friends have psp's and i played on gta on my friends one. does anyone tht owns one or has played one have any suggestions as to which good games there are?

also i no it can store music but what else can it do ?

is it worth finding a good one for cheap on ebay or just wait a little while until the price goes down ?

I think the PSP is ok, the 2 GTAs on it are ok but the best game coming up in April (UK) has to be the new Metal Gear Solid.

You can also store music, movies and photos onto the psp as well as long as you have a big space on your memory stick!!!!!!

I think the PSP id ok but, for me, there are not many games that i would like on it thats what the problem was so i struck with my DS!

lol! ye you can connect to the internet too! also my friend just told me that there is going to be one with a camera built into it ?
i think i'll get one because i can play my m8s ad i just found loads of cool games ill like ! thanks !

I’ve been a proud owner of a PSP since day one and believe it is worth every dollar the $250 price tag. For a portable platform the PSP is very impressive. The level of graphics it is able to display is excellent as is the quality of sound. The button layout is nice and the system feels comfortable and firm in your hand. Some find the position and the use of the analog stick very awkward and cumbersome, but I have no complaints.

If you are do purchase a PSP and plan to use its multimedia capabilities, then you should consider also buying a memory stick. You can purchase a 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo for $60-70 at most retailers.

As far as great games go, here is what I recommend:
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Killzone Liberation
Loco Roco
Lumines
Metal Gear Ac!d
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Untold Legends: The Warrior's Code

i have a psp its great my son has a ds... with the psp you can go on the net download mp3 music right on to your memory stick on the psp.. you convert dvd movies and transfer them to your psp . i would get the biggest memory card you can afford i have a 2gig and i can put 4 full movies and alittle over 200 mp3's. .. one thing do not buy the sony crap media manager for the psp waste of money just buy xcopy9 or wat ever there on now ..and if you have a digital camera the usb cable might fit the psp so you wont need to buy a cable...

its more a portable entertainment system than a game player right now (not many games making it worth buy) but its future looks pretty promising, also, you should check out Ghouls n Ghosts or whatever and LocoRoco!!

yeah i hardly play games on mines. theres a gps thingy for it too and that camera dunno when its coming out though i know the gps is out in japan only grr lol ..also when you buy it if they offer some kind of extened warranty do get it .. as mines right now only plays some games and takes awhile to read the umd usually takes couple of seconds now takes a good minute or 2 lol.and i baught mines last year november. might be laser dirty or just needs to be replaced ... but if you do get one heres a link that sells some parts for the psp .. though prices are kind of expensive compared to ebay prices lol

http://www.fixmyplaystation.com/psp_repair.html?gclid=CO2Ap4qjlIoCFSSVYAod7AkFgw

PSP is pretty much in my opinion a cheap alternative for a mediocre Mp3 player, with the options of games. The games that I would recommend are:

-Every Extend Extra
-Lumines I and II
-Fight Night Round III
-Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007
-Death Jr.
-Killzone Liberation
-Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
-Tekken: Dark Resurrection
-Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Yellow_Wii said:
yei thought id post it in here seeming it is ps talk

anyway a couple of my friends have psp's and i played on gta on my friends one. does anyone tht owns one or has played one have any suggestions as to which good games there are?

also i no it can store music but what else can it do ?

is it worth finding a good one for cheap on ebay or just wait a little while until the price goes down ?

Do you want to hear which games I like or games you like? Tell which kinds of games you like. My suggestion rent the games before you buy them.

Also you can load on custom firmware of dark_alex a gba emulator or N64 emulator and play Mario Kart 64.

froggy said:
Do you want to hear which games I like or games you like? Tell which kinds of games you like. My suggestion rent the games before you buy them.

Also you can load on custom firmware of dark_alex a gba emulator or N64 emulator and play Mario Kart 64.

You can't rent PSP games unless you go to a place like Netflicks.

i reccommend a psp, i have 2, just make sure you get one which play iso, games! although im pretty sure all psp's are now downgradable! iv never bought a single game and have about 50!! and i reccommend, syphon filter, and socom

Still I don't know which sort ofgames he like. Socom is awesome I believe but also Lemmings is great and I personally like medal of honor Heros also.

i like shootem ups, fighting games, sword games, some racing games, rpg's, anything really

but i was talking to my mum and i am deffinatly getting one

i borrowed my m8s and i just like scrolling through the menu screen ! lol

but ye thanks for all the replies !

stevo

It's cool yeah.
But it's more of a Palm Pilot than a gaming system.
It has internet, music, movies, and everything else but the games don't really match up well with it.

iv got a psp too theyre amazin one of the best games on it is Sonic Rivals!

Back