Purchasing VC Games

cimbom

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2007
San Francisco
Wii Online Code
0299-0458-3575-5055
If I want to purchase VC games online do I have to buy 20000 Wii points or can I just game each game individually for whatever that game costs??

I don't know if it's the same in the US but you can buy smaller increments online if you have a credit card - plus it's cheaper. It is in the UK anyway

You have to have points to purchase VC games. There is no purchase price, each game is a certain amount of points--1,000; 800; 500. It breaks down to like $1 a point, 2000 points for like $20. Online with a credit card in the US it is no cheaper, but you can get 1000 for $10, 3000 for $30, 5000 for $50 as well as the usual 2000 points. Again it breaks down to $1 a point online plus tax, points cards run like $19.99.

you can go out an buy a Wii points card, which has about 2000 points in it to start you off, so it'll cost around 20 dollars, or you can use a credit card (I used visa) in the channel and get as many points as you want. The minimum cost for a game is 500 points ($5) the most is 1000 points ($10).

Yeah, but the whole point is that I don't want to pay $20 for lets say 2 games that would coast me $13. So if each game has its own individual Wii point price, then that is cool because I could spend to my discretion.

It's a marketing scam.They make you buy the wii cards,so this way you always have points left over,so you buy more cards,to get that new VC game they just issued.Unless you buy 4 games for 500 points.

Maybe I'm Wrong----
:idea:

You guys see the redeem points option? I can redeem left over points back onto my credit card. That means if I want to only pay $5 for a game, and not $20, I can get back my spare $15.

sagema said:
You guys see the redeem points option? I can redeem left over points back onto my credit card. That means if I want to only pay $5 for a game, and not $20, I can get back my spare $15.
Have you tried this? Last I check the agreement said that wii points have no money value after purchase. I was pretty that there is no way to sell back your wii points.

Yea, I think they say when you redeem points from a card or buy with a credit card that points are not redeemable for cash. Let me know if you know otherwise. And sure you may can buy games for the old systems for perhaps a bit cheaper, but isn't it so much better having them all right there in an electronic library on the Wii? Hopefully sooner than later they will have the entire Nintendo library available for download. I find this very nice personally!

Back