puting music on my psp. help please.

Kai

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
Washington
i got my psp in late semptember (used), but i got a 2 gig memory card a few days ago, so any way im trying to put music on it but i cant figure out how to put music on it. i have windows media player but that dosent seem to work.

can any one help?

A) They are going to flame you and move this to the appropriate section.

B) Turn on your PSP-----> scroll down to USB on the PSP menu-----> Press the X and connect the USB cord to your PSP and then your computer. Once your computer registers your computer simply add the music to the PSP/Music folder and enjoy.

C) Congrats on the PSP and enjoy it and WiiChat.

i dont see how i could get banned for flaming, i mean im not saying wii sucks or any thing, but thats the part i dont get. i turn on my computer and plug my psp into the comp. then i put the cd i want on my psp in the computer, but after that i cant download the songs to my psp. i know how to push the usb icon in the psp, its the taking the songs i want and puting them in my psp that i cant get.

After ripping the songs from the cd via Media Player. By default the files will be in your documents----->my music folder. Simply, after connecting the PSP to the USB cord/ to the computer, drag your newly ripped songs to your PSP/Music folder. Also, about the flame thing I meant that you are on a section for the Wii Hardware asking about the PSP which is not related to the subject. People will gripe at you for that, not trying to be mean at all man.

oh, sorry, its ok, i just didnt know where it would go and im kinda new to making my own threads and stuff..so i dont really know how it works.

so, does this stuff work if i have windows media player? cuz there is a spot where it says sync but im not sure if that is it...

The Sync option might work. The fastest way is once you rip the songs, click Library and then press F3. That will bring up a search option. Allow the computer to search. Once done, you can try to sync the newly ripped songs to your psp. If not, simply go to My Documents----> My Music. Then with the PSP in USB mode (connected of course) go to My Computer -----> Drive letter of PSP----> PSP/Music. Then simply drag and drop the songs to the PSP/Music folder.

Kai said:
i got my psp in late semptember (used), but i got a 2 gig memory card a few days ago, so any way im trying to put music on it but i cant figure out how to put music on it. i have windows media player but that dosent seem to work.

can any one help?

Not too hard. Press Alt-F4 at your keyboard now to receive the instructions.

ok, now ive encountered another problem, i downlaoded some videos from youtube.com and i tried putting the downlaoded video in the video part of my psp, and it says: cannot copy "yadda yadda": cannot find the specified file.

make sure you specify the corect path and file name.

it said the same thing for the music too. do you know how to get around this?

nice try idjut^ im not stupid you know.

look, i dont mean to sound rude or any thing, but trying to trick someone into shutting the curent page off while they are in the middle of something isnt funny. i use that all they time, so i know what it does.( as a matter of fact i use that instead of the "x" at the top of the screen.)

If you are using what I think you are for the videos from Youtube, they are in .flv (flash). I do not believe the PSP does flash for videos only MP4 format (Ipod, etc.). About the specified file path, it seems as if the videos/music isn't actually on the computer. Try something simple like a picture from your Pictures folder under My Documents to your PSP/Picture/Photo folder.

yeah, the pictures seem to work, and about the videos, i took the url from youtube and pasted them in vixy.net. they use to work on my 32mb memory card, but now i cant get it to work on either.

So since the pictures work taht means that you have the concept down pretty solid. It's the EXACT same for music. Simply locate the music folder (also, you can cleck Start--->search---->.mp3 or the name of a song you ripped and it will reveal the location) and drag and drop as you did the pictures. It's not that hard at all.

yeah i know, i dont know if im puting the music \video folder in the wrong part of the psp thing, but they have to be caps and stuff, but it still wont work... oh well, sorry to bother you, ill see if my friend can show me. ill give you rep for your help, just tell me the next time your on, and ill rep you the next time im on...

Back