Q: Are these "virtual" games "as was", or...?

cosmichobo

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
G'day,

New Wiier here... just bought my first Wii yesterday, having great fun, got it hooked up via my Powerbook using Airport late last night, and then today finally understood what people had been talking about RE playing "classic" games on your Wii... The Virtual Console...!

So... before I pay out 500 Wii credits for Super Mario Bros (original NES version), I'm just wondering... Is this an exact "copy" of the original game? Or has it at all been spruced up? Is it going to be horribly pixellated (kinda like the Mario that runs across the screen when you download stuff), or will it look ok?

I first played SMB in about 1990, so it's gonna be nice to play it again, seems my NES (and several others I came by) often had that "blue flashing screen" problem after a while...

Also - Is this the "faster" version of SMB? (My SMB was kinda "slow" in music and game play timing, compared to a friend who bought his NES later on...)

Thanks!!!

cosmic

They are exact copys of the games (appart from N64 ones witch look a bit better)

Ok - just purchased (sorry - used Wii credits to acquire) Super Mario Bros! :)

And as said - it's JUST like the "real" thing... Ah all the memories flooding back... all those secret 1Up mushies hidden away to find again... Bit of work getting used to the new controller though - those "1" and "2" buttons are tiny compared to the old controllers... (or did I just grow up...)

Now I still have 500 credits to spend...

Castlevania II, do you think? I never owned it, but had No1, and it was great...

^ ^ Can't go wrong with that game...besides...I tend to buy games that I haven't had before..mostly because all of my old games are within arm's reach.

cosmichobo said:
Ok - just purchased (sorry - used Wii credits to acquire) Super Mario Bros! :)

And as said - it's JUST like the "real" thing... Ah all the memories flooding back... all those secret 1Up mushies hidden away to find again... Bit of work getting used to the new controller though - those "1" and "2" buttons are tiny compared to the old controllers... (or did I just grow up...)

Now I still have 500 credits to spend...

It dosent feal like the real thing
The wiimote dosent feal right

You might want to get one of these pads when they come out
Or a classic controller (or a Gamecube 2 PS2 pad converter but thats just my prefrance)

Castlevania II, do you think? I never owned it, but had No1, and it was great...

If you liked the first get it

They are not exact copies. There are some very slight changes, the first one being the compression rate. Nintendo has used a better form of compression, so these games are different in size than the ROMs you can download online. I also noticed a better response time in most games, less frame rate drop, and slightly higher visual and audio quality. The NES seems more left alone than the rest. Overall you won't notice the changes unless you own and played the old consoles.

Only prob there is
In the UK wii had games that run slower with big black borders
This was mostly o SNES games

Back