Queries from Aus

auswii

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Hi there friends....

To all those who have the Wii, well done! As of today and right now according to nintendo.com.au us Aussies have 16 days left to get our hands on the system.

Anyway, 3 questions please:

1) When downloading new or back catalogue games, who can tell me how big the games with be in file size?? The reason I ask this is that some of us here have a "capped or shaped" dsl plan and file size does matter when downloading.

2) If like me dont have a wireless modem, I believe we can get our hands on a usb connector that transmits wifi?? It works through walls right??

3) Anyone know if there are going to be midnight launches here and is Reggies coming??

Thanks all..............

1. Not exactly sure about the exact file size, but I downloaded DK for NES, and it downloaded in under 30 seconds. So, I'd say no more than 2MB (although, later systems may be bigger, it was only an NES game)
2. Yes, you can get USB adapters for your computer or for the Wii (either wireless connected to your computer/same one for the DS, or wired to the Wii. and yes, the wireless one does work through walls.
3. No clue, but I'm gonna guess no Reggie

for the NES games i downloaded Zelda (OF COURSE) and mario bros both downloaded in under a min for both... and on my SD card takes up 2mb in all (no more than 1.5mb AT THE VERY MOST for each) hope it helps ya

Back