Question about Blue Light on CD Drive

WiiTNA

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
I sent myself a message to my wii and didn't read it so the light will stay on. Will this burn out the light or will it damage anything? Thanks.

I was gonna make a thread about this too, wanted to know the same as above

If I may add: Isn't the light supposed to stay on? I tried this email thing, the wii lit up and when i turned the console on it went and when i turned it off it didn't come back on and I did NOT read the mesage.. Is this supposed to happen?

ty
- stealth

You know how many threads are on here like this please search seriously there is a thread like this at least once every two weeks :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

well i have a question...when did Nintendo send the message for the new revised Internet Channel, cause i went on vacation from last friday to yesterday's friday. and i came home to it on, if the message came on Friday, then its been on for a week, no damage done...

I don't no but don't LED lights never burn out and if yes Wii has a blue LED light meaning that everything will be ok.

They sent me the message on Thruday around 9:00. Because i was watching simpsons and it turned on.

LEDs do in fact burn out. They just have a much longer rated lifespan. However, I have had at least 15 LEDs on different devices burn out over the years.

Usually it's because the resistor protecting the LED dies first.

There is the answer of the day::: Do not leave the light now, turn it off when you get a message.

No, LED lights are designed to last years. 50 years infact! If you do leave it on, don't stress. and if a LED light does burn out... Its under Warrenty >_>

Forgot about warranty, however if you mod or open the wii it voids the warranty:hand:

umm led's will burn out, i have had them die on my cars tail lights and on other things that i own that make use of them....that "50"yr life span you speak of is its theoritical life span and not actual.

but why do you want to know how long the blue light last? if it comes on and you have a chance turn it off...and if you are going tbe away for a while just unplug it.

Back