Question About Controllers

Kalamari

WiiChat Member
May 21, 2006
Alright so we know that certain games can only be played with a certain controller or controller style. My question is will all the controllers (Remote, Nunchuck, Retro, Lightgun) come with the system. I don't except the Lightgun to but it would be nice to get the Remote, Nunchuck, and Retro Controller with the system. So.... What do you think?

I would think that it should come with at least the retro controller. Seeing that the Virtual Console is built in why not.

My guess is you will get the console, 1 wiimote, 1 nunchuk and possibly the Retro controller. Or else as MetroidZ stated, the launch games should come with the appropriate attachments.

Since quite a few games use the Nunchuk as well as the Wiimote, they'll probably both come with the console. I'm not sure about the classic controller, but given that the Virtual Console is one of the console's biggest selling points, it seems likely that it will also come with the Wii.

I think that every game that uses its own custom attachment should come with the attachment as well. They said that attachments should be very cheap.

At Launch:
The Wii will ship the same way most every Nintendo console system has: Wii Remote (Wiimote, get it?), Nunchuk and console, with no games. The classic controller will not be included.
Accessorizing:
The default purchase package for additional controllers will all include the Nunchuk as well. You won’t have to purchase it separately, though they weren’t able to comment on price.

http://www.coveringe3.com/index.php/e3/article/live-from-e3-fun-wii-facts-confirmed-0511060329/

thats a shame i like the nunchuck idea but i would have liked the classic to be included but guess ill hve to buy it

^-- yeah, but i don't see any of the attachments being overly expensive anyway.

this way its cheaper for everyone, but people who want the old school have to put out a bit more cash

WiiT said:
I think that every game that uses its own custom attachment should come with the attachment as well. They said that attachments should be very cheap.

The problem with doing this is: what happens if you get five games that use the same controller? Maybe you just want to pay for the game and not the controller, since you already have that particular one.

I'm almost positive that the system will come with 1 Wiimote and 1 nunchuck (I believe I read an official article a while back, but don't remember where, so consider it speculation), as for the retro, that raises a good question

Back