Question about downloaded games.

Yoyoenix91

Yay! New router!
Mar 20, 2008
Florida
Wii Online Code
3927-0157-5002-0836
I use my Best Buy's 2 year all damages covered warranty for my Wii. If something goes wrong, I can get a new one absolutely free. I know you can place game saves on SD Cards, and VC Games, but you can't transfer the games. Now, say I had to replace my Wii. I have my VC games linked to my Nintendo.com account. With that account, can I redownload the games to the new Wii for free? Or must I repurchase them?

Pretty sure if the linking of accounts works properly, you can re-download them at no extra cost. However, I have heard of it not working like that for many people, sometimes you have to contact Nintendo directly.

Read BestBuy's term and service over carefully, usually they only replace your console but your downloads are not insured under the plan since it's not part of the wii. Say you broke your game disc, the plan won't cover it since it's not part of the wii, same goes for your vc downloads.

The VC games are tied to your specific Wii, your Nintendo.com account doesn't matter.

If it breaks down and you need to send it to Nintendo for replacement, they can transfer your VC purchases to a new Wii, but there's no other way.

Back