question about gamecube controllers

kaydee09

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2008
this is the first time im using a gamecube controller and im using it to play harvest moon:magical melody. my question is, when i use the L/R buttons, does it only work by pressing it all the way down until you hit the small button at the end? does the L/R button only function that way or does it also work with just light presses on other games.

at first i thought the L/R buttons on my controller were broken because im pressing it lightly without clicking the button at the end and so it wouldn't work on the function in the game i want to use it for. sorry if it seems such a silly question but help would be appreciated.

_I also wondered about this. But idk at times it works for me but at times I have to press all the way down. The only GC controll i could do that with is some cheap wanna-be GC control. So I'm guessing you can't with the orignal one.

i see. well, thanks. i guess i'll have to check it with other games. unfortunately it's the only gamecube game i have right now.

the L and R buttons are good for driving games.
if you dont press it down all the way, your car goes slower

I am pretty sure that in Melee (Super Smash Bros. Melee) you can hold the L or R lightly and still activate your shield. You don't have to push it until you feel give just up the that point... If that makes sense. Btw I use the original Nintendo controllers, the blue, black, orange controllers.

EDIT: I don't know if it works for all games but I have experienced it working with Melee (as stated above lol)

thanks for the replies. well i guess its probably just the game im playing that uses the L/R buttons that way. it just got me worried that it might be broken.

Back