question about modding/modchips

mneumonic

WiiChat Member
Jul 18, 2007
hey guys. i am a former xbox 1 guy who recently bought a wii...gotta say i love it. i've been thinking about modding it lately and i have looked at the chips and such but my question is, are all wii's moddable? i know with the xbox1 certain ones weren't until later on when more advanced chips were made. I just bought my wii in early july so i'm not sure how to tell if it will work with a modchip and which chip it will work with. any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. and i know most people won't believe it, but i mod systems just to mod them. i enjoy the accomplishment.

i dont think it makes a difference when u purchased your wii so it should be fine.
best modchip so far for wii is wiikey

i ask because i heard a rumor that they were developing newer versions of the wii since june but no one could confirm that.

Originally I want to say WiiKey cannot be the best mod chip if they cannot release their committed update, but they just did release update 1.6. It is not on their site right now but someone got it and is testing it.

Last edited:
Back