Question about my new Wii

billy_talent

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Whenever I start it up, it goes "vrrr" as if its reading something. Is that supposed to happen? Oh, and where do I find friend codes?

Thanks!

If it goes "vrr" and a couple of clicks that's normal. If your wii sounds like it is actually struggling in there, that's a problem. But a new wii should not come out of the box broken, that's rare:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks! No it doesn't seem to loud, and when I take the disc out after playing it looks perfectly fine, so I'm sure its not scratching anything.

Last edited:
Err, sorry for double posting, but it goes "vrrr", pauses for a tiny bit, and "vrrr" again. Just have to make sure its totally normal :lol:

billy_talent said:
Err, sorry for double posting, but it goes "vrrr", pauses for a tiny bit, and "vrrr" again. Just have to make sure its totally normal :lol:
um. . . my wii makes noises sometimes but that sounds weird.

If it's pretty quite though I wouldn't worry about it, but if it gets worse call nintendo.

It's pretty quite, and only when it starts up. Well, if it gets louder I think I'll just return it to BestBuy and get a second one :p

billy_talent said:
Whenever I start it up, it goes "vrrr" as if its reading something. Is that supposed to happen? Oh, and where do I find friend codes?

Thanks!

It's perfecly normal. I like it :lol:

billy_talent said:
It's pretty quite, and only when it starts up. Well, if it gets louder I think I'll just return it to BestBuy and get a second one :p
actually best buy has a crappy return policy. i would call the big N before trying to take it back to best buy

Hmm, I see. Well I don't believe my Wii has any problems because I played Wii sports for a full hour and no issues whatsoever. Can't wait to get my hands on Zelda! Thanks for the help guys!

I think that's totally normal. Like Frummage said, i kinda like it, it sounds like shits going down inside my wii and im starting up something awesome, which of course i am. And nice onemonapea (hell if i can spell it) "Vrr" describes it perfectly i think hahaha

Yeah mine does the same exact thing.Nice to know I'm not the only hearing, cause like you I haven't had mine for a while,I got mine last....August or late July and I'm still figuring stuff out.

Its normal for the wii to make that noise on startup. If you mute your tv you will also notice that the wii makes some pretty funky noises when its loading certain parts of a disc. Its alot more noticable in hard loading games like Scarface and red steal. This is all normal

Back