Question about SD Cards

Too Jay

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2006
Omaha, NE
It seems like this should be possible but i would just like to confirm.

Can we use any brand of SD Card for wii storage? or are we only allowed to use official Nintendo SD Cards ? ? ?

Thanks.

I have an off branded SD card. Purchased a 1GB SD Card for about $17.00US

So no, you do NOT have to use Nintendo branded SD cards.

yarsmang said:
I have an off branded SD card. Purchased a 1GB SD Card for about $17.00US

So no, you do NOT have to use Nintendo branded SD cards.

Yeah, I was laughing at all the morons who were there when I got my Wii buying Wii branded SD cards for 3x-4x what a regular one costs.

To be honist all my stuff is going to be official
It's my first console bought on launch and my first console bought with my Own money lol so I want to to look good next to my standard TV xD

Wii_Smurf said:
To be honist all my stuff is going to be official
It's my first console bought on launch and my first console bought with my Own money lol so I want to to look good next to my standard TV xD

Of course, if you're using a SD card, you can't see it since it goes in the machine, behind a door.

It's your money, though, but I'd buy a regular camera one for cheap and put the price difference towards a game.

Right now i have a 512meg kodak card i bought ages ago. works like a charm.

As I've said many times before, anything that is going to call iself an SD card has to fit certain standards to make sure any SD card will work in any SD slot. If non-Nintendo branded cards would not work, they wouldn't be SD cards, they would be Wii cards.

yup! it was funny watching ppl buy wii sd cards, as a few people walk over to the camera section of the store and buy camera sd cards and paid a good 20-50 dollars less :D
As for myself, i have a kingston 2gb sd card i bought online for 30 dollars canadian, plus tax/shipping. works good too.

Last edited:
Back