question about tiger woods pga tour 08 game

pazczyk

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2007
hi everyone....

we are proud new owner of a wii and i'm really enjoying playing a game that allows me to participate despite my disability. it's really fun!!

here's my thing....i'm playing this tiger woods golf game, and hitting lefty. except that when i'm trying to putt i can't seem to make it work. i have to putt with my right hand in order to be "seen" by the sensor. anyone else have any experience with this? advice? my putting sux, and i'd prefer to practice and learn with my good left arm instead of my bad right.

also, is there some kind of trick or secret button code that will allow you to go back one screen?? like, if i accidentally push some option button that i didn't mean to push and i wanna go back to start my game, is there some way to do that, or do i just have to quit out of the game and start again?

thanks everyone!

evi

umm..i never played tiger woods golf before but there should be no difference putting with ur left or right hand..as far as i know..and have u try to press the B button to go back a screen? if not, usually you can press the + button and it has a option where u can usually go to the main menu on the game instead of back to the wii channel, hope this helps.

You need to go to your settings and set it to be left handed for best play.

The sensor doesn't have to SEE anything. The sensor bar doesn't sense anything. It just is a source of two IR lights that the Wiimote picks up WHEN the little window on the top of the Wiimote is pointed towards the sensor bar. When putting, the internal accelerometers in the Wiimote pick up the movements and tells the Wii via Bluetooth what you movements you are making.

So putting left or right handed doesn't make a difference.

thanks so much

...for your replies.

i know the sensor doesn't "see" anything, smart guy wiily. i'm just using a simplified term for the technical specifics. the bottom line is that the sensor doesn't sense what i'm doing and doesnt' move the images accordingly. when i'm putting lefty. but it seems to be somewhat better now that i've put the bar on it's little stand in front of the tv, instead of on top of the set.

i've already set my preferences for hitting lefty. i'm doing all my long shots lefty, just fine. it's the putting that it could'nt seem to do. but again, with a move of the sensor bar, it *is* doing somewhat better.

i don't play very much, but i hope to have more time for it soon.
evi

yea im lefty to same problem while playing pause go to settings go to style it will say left or right handed pick left.of course.lol

pazczyk said:
...for your replies.

i know the sensor doesn't "see" anything, smart guy wiily. i'm just using a simplified term for the technical specifics. the bottom line is that the sensor doesn't sense what i'm doing and doesnt' move the images accordingly. when i'm putting lefty. but it seems to be somewhat better now that i've put the bar on it's little stand in front of the tv, instead of on top of the set.

i've already set my preferences for hitting lefty. i'm doing all my long shots lefty, just fine. it's the putting that it could'nt seem to do. but again, with a move of the sensor bar, it *is* doing somewhat better.

i don't play very much, but i hope to have more time for it soon.
evi

what he meant is that all the "sensor bar" does is provide 2 sources of IR light, it doesn't actually sense anything. You can use 2 candles instead or 2 anything that gives off enough IR light. That's what he meant. You should use the sensor bar stand though because it helps the wiimote "see" the IR light better. make sure your body isn't blocking the path between the wiimote and wii and between the wiimote and sensor bar while putting. that's the only advice i can think of.

When you putt and it isn't working, what is it doing? not responding at all? responding erratically?

kyle

hey kyle

thanks for your reply.

when the putting isn't working, my character just stands there, doing nothing. i'm waving my left hand down and back, but it does nothing. the commentators say stuff like "just hit it already". (i get a lot of 'tude from those guys!) then, suddenly, it will take my backswing as my forward swing and make a terrible shot that i wasn't planning for. it's pretty annoying, i must say.

evi

pazczyk said:
thanks for your reply.

when the putting isn't working, my character just stands there, doing nothing. i'm waving my left hand down and back, but it does nothing. the commentators say stuff like "just hit it already". (i get a lot of 'tude from those guys!) then, suddenly, it will take my backswing as my forward swing and make a terrible shot that i wasn't planning for. it's pretty annoying, i must say.

evi

double check that you aren't blocking the line of "sight" from the wiimote to the wii and from the wiimote to the sensor bar. that's really the only thing i can think of. it's happened to me sometimes too that it takes my backswing as a forward swing, but it's occasional(and yes very annoying, especially when you're having a great round). and yeah the commentators suck a lot of the time. i tend to turn down the BGM volume and comentary volume and just leave on the sound effects and i through on some tunes on my computer instead of listening to them.
good luck and post if it works or not.

kyle

Back