Question about Wiiware

metal134

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2009
Canton, OH
I recently purchased a Wii and I wanted to know something about Wiiware. Is it tied to your console, or your account? For example, let's say my XBOX 360 broke and I had to get a new one. I could use my account to redownload all my games, renew the licenses and the games would work on my new console. I ask because I fear I may have to take my Wii back for a new one.

That's what I thought. I've held off on buying any games in case I do have to take it back. I'm not sure yet if the problem is with the system or not.

Not sure about this but I had a thought...

If you were to link your current Wii Shop Channel account to your Club Nintendo account (assuming you have one) and then get a new Wii and link that one with your Club Nintendo account... maybe you could re-download all of your VC games bought with the old Wii onto the new Wii? Again, I'm not sure if that would work and I'm just throwing the idea out there.

it doesn't. the shop channel is linked to that specific wii. if that specific wii goes, then so does all the data and money spent on it.

I think I'll just hold off on buying anything until I know if I have to return my system or not. I've only had it for a week, so I if I have to wait another week or two to download any games, I will.

Back