Question for those who sent their Wii in thanks to brawl

Maximo

Wii Fanatic
Dec 31, 2006
Mckeesport,PA
Wii Online Code
0558-5461-4916-6731
As most of you know from my sad week post a few weeks ago i had to send my Wii in for repairs due to the problem brawl caused on the disc drive.

Well they updated my repairs order today with this.

Receive Date:

03/24/2008

Shipping
Return Ship Via:

Return Ship Date:

Tracking #:

Not Available

Component Description

Notes

Warranty

Amount

CONSOLE ASSY WHITE RVL

Yes

$75.00
DISC, SMASH BROS BRAWL RVL-USA

Yes

$0.00

Total Amount:

$0.00

Did anyone who had sent their Wii in for repairs due to brawl see this too? I was at the understanding the "repair" for the problem brawl caused was free. Why is it showing 75 next to it (although it says zero in the total)

If you do end up having to pay they say you get an invoice in to remit the payment. Do you get your console back with the invoice ,or what.

That would suck if they held my Wii until i got the invoice in ,and then sent them a payment. I miss my damn Wii bad enough as it is. lol:yikes:

Wow dude, That really sucks !! Im assuming you purchased your Wii awhile ago? I read up on the optical drives in the Wii's and they had problems with the optical lens and the disc feeder. They fixed all that for 2008 and im sure yours will perfect when you get in back.....who knows, maybe pick up a book and read for a change.......more like a stratergy guide !!! lol

good luck !!

Jon Deak

yes jon my Wii was a launch Wii. I've always said that the problem brawl caused wasn't due to dirty lens ,but rather the double layer disc exploiting a problem of the drives which caused them to breakdown due to the extra stress. I fix disc drives on original Xbox's for people who still own them ,and everytime i get ahold of one with a similar error as the Wii had they've all led back to a defective thomson drive.

He dose'nt have to pay even if hes out of warranty.
My friend didn't have to pay

I sent mine. & now that i think about it....

It said

$49.99
RE4: Wii Edition

Which was stuck in the console.... But it was free for me.

I was asking because i wanted to know if it was something everyone else seen on their repair status hence the subject title being "question for those who sent their Wii in thanks to brawl"

I'm wondering if they gave me a new Wii considering next to the Wii status it says the warranty is active. If it was my original Wii the warranty wouldn't be active right? I don't care how i get it as long as my VC games are still there ,and my discs work especially brawl.

Go match your Serial number on the new Wii that nintendo sends you TO THE serial number sticker on the box of your original Wii. Assuming you didnt ship the broken Wii in that box. Either way you got a Wii !!!! lol

this concerns me, SSBB is breaking early wiis? i got mine on release day so i may just avoid the game

you are not going to pay dammit. 75 is the cost to fix it but because you bought brawl, its free. when you get it back it will say 75 to fix and then -75 because of a warranty.

Mannn I've got a launch Wii and SSBB too, I hope this doesn't happen to me.

They're gonna send you back the same Wii with something along the lines of this message:
The problem has been fixed but damage has occured to disk drive.

Back