Question on controllers

gino_76ph

WiiChat Member
Jan 30, 2010
London, England
hi there. i am new to the Nintendo Wii and i'm planning to buy one on the next payday. i wanted to find out somehting from you guys:

i also happen to like first person shooters (like Call Of Duty) and third person games like Resident Evil. what is an ideal controller to use for these type of games?

First of all, which Resident Evil game will you buy? since 2 are on-rail shooters so best controller is wii zapper or perhaps the pump action shotgun (very cool zapper replacement), the other games are resident evil 4 which I personally like best with wiimote and nunchuk but also has gamecube controller support and the others are remakes of old resident evils ( old but still great) you can also choose between classic controller or wiimote with nunchuk but isn't like in Resident evil 4, which suits you the best I suppose

and for Call of Duty, I use the wii zapper, good for accuracy but very hard to get used to, although you can fully personalize the keys (for Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex, dunno for World at War), you'll see how you like it. and no classic controller can be used on Call of Duty

i got 2 'hand cannons' with The House Of The Dead: Overkill Big Bang Box. They work great, i'd recommend them over the wii zappers- more freedom and they look hectic. Suits all COD and Resident Evil titles mkayy

Edit: just google 'Wii hand cannon'

Last edited:
i got 2 'hand cannons' with The House Of The Dead: Overkill Big Bang Box. They work great, i'd recommend them over the wii zappers- more freedom and they look hectic. Suits all COD and Resident Evil titles mkayy

Edit: just google 'Wii hand cannon'

you think you could find them sold seperate?

Welcome to the Forum Gino.

Firstly, look around before you buy - there are still a few good deals on the Wii, but not as many as at Xmas time. Only get a bundle if you want the games that come with it.

As well as asking here, go to review sites like gamespot - http://uk.gamespot.com/games.html?t...t=score&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc&official=all to get an idea of what games are good.

To start with, stick to the basic controllers untill you have a feel for the whole system and the games you like - otherwise you may find you are spending on things that are not to your taste.

You get a remote and nunchuck with the Wii system itself. Additional ones can be bought for £25 (remote) and £15 (nunchuck) if you shop around. Less if you are lucky. The Classic controller is useful - you can get for around £11 if you look around. Game are currently selling a copy of the Gamecube controller for £7, but there are mixed reports on it.

The official Zapper can be bought for £15, bundled with the Links crossbow training game. You can also get a cheap copy of the Zappper from Poundland - for £1 .... Other hand cannons etc can cost a lot more.

Try them, and when you decide which you like you can get more for multi-player games.

Hope that helps !

i plan to buy Call Of Duty 3 and Resident Evil Archives : Zero (because it's a sort of FPS-esque RE game) and Umbrella Chronicles. would the Motionplus controller & nunchuck suffice for those games?

i plan to buy Call Of Duty 3 and Resident Evil Archives : Zero (because it's a sort of FPS-esque RE game) and Umbrella Chronicles. would the Motionplus controller & nunchuck suffice for those games?

None of those make use of the motion plus controller, the next FPS that will require the motion plus will be red steel 2 I believe and Resident Evil Zero is a port of a gamecube game, the last one of the main series that still works with the original camera system, you online need wiimote and nunchuk for that game and perhaps I would recommend RE: Darkside Chronicles cause it's better than The Umbrela Chronicles

Now I have another question, has anyone ever used the ball-trap from the hunting game? cause I was thinking about getting that one for playing Modern Warfare Reflex so I can easely use a custom control scheme withouth the zapper, since all the twisting and turning sometimes doesnt work that great

Last edited:
First of all, which Resident Evil game will you buy? since 2 are on-rail shooters so best controller is wii zapper or perhaps the pump action shotgun (very cool zapper replacement), the other games are resident evil 4 which I personally like best with wiimote and nunchuk but also has gamecube controller support and the others are remakes of old resident evils ( old but still great) you can also choose between classic controller or wiimote with nunchuk but isn't like in Resident evil 4, which suits you the best I suppose

and for Call of Duty, I use the wii zapper, good for accuracy but very hard to get used to, although you can fully personalize the keys (for Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex, dunno for World at War), you'll see how you like it. and no classic controller can be used on Call of Duty

Wii zapper sucks. :yesnod:

Get World At War, or Modern Warfare Reflex other than Call Of Duty 3. you cant go online on call of duty 3.

Wii zapper sucks. :yesnod:

Okay, so what do you use and for which games?

P.S. I heard World at War sucks :yesnod:

Back