question on running GW

asdfnick

asdfnick
Dec 10, 2006
FL
Wii Online Code
5880-1161-5752-5548
im trying to run guild wars on my dell dimension 4100, and have to update the video card. Im not that good with hardware, so does anyone know if the NVIDIA GEFORCE 4 MX 420 AGP 64MB will run it?

Well your GFX Card is worse than mine and mine only runs GW on Minimum settings otherwise I get a ticket to Lags Ville. - You'll have to buy a new GFX Card

Check the back of the GW Box and buy a GFX Card a couple above their MINIMUM Requirements

See you got 64MB whereas I got 256mb

Wii_Smurf said:
Well your GFX Card is worse than mine and mine only runs GW on Minimum settings otherwise I get a ticket to Lags Ville. - You'll have to buy a new GFX Card

Check the back of the GW Box and buy a GFX Card a couple above their MINIMUM Requirements

See you got 64MB whereas I got 256mb
lol ive read the back of the box, it reads
"ATI radeon 8500, Nvidia GEFORCE 3 or 4 MX series with 32 megs or ram

didnt see that on there about the g4, but i have been looking for a radeon 8500, so i guess this will work. And on how much it lags, it also depends on your processor and ram. I have a P3 and 560 megs or ram, and im putting this in an older pc with the sole purpose of only running GW, so i hope this will do.

Which GW did you buy? Hope you have bought prophecies or Nightfall ( preferably NF). Add me to your friends if you wish. My name is believe it or not Bubba Ga Nush. I'll help ya out if you need any.

bubba-ga-nush said:
Which GW did you buy? Hope you have bought prophecies or Nightfall ( preferably NF). Add me to your friends if you wish. My name is believe it or not Bubba Ga Nush. I'll help ya out if you need any.
lol ive had GW prophecies forever and i jsut got factions for 10 bucks by tricking wallmart. I might go back and get nightfall by doing the same.

asdfnick said:
lol ive had GW prophecies forever and i jsut got factions for 10 bucks by tricking wallmart. I might go back and get nightfall by doing the same.

HAHA Sneaky Sneaky. NF I think is the best though. Waaayy to many Dervish's though. I made one and love mine though. :) I'm putting a ele through NF.

Don't waste your money on a 64mb graphics card. You can get a much nicer one for around $100 these days and it would do you much more good.

Back