Question -Wii menu!

Xyphon

WiiChat Member
Jun 10, 2007
You know the Wii menu (where you get to pick what you want to do.. i.e Mii, Game, Internet...) I know At the beggining you can't use the internet.. My brothers friend installed it.. What are all the other spots for? Like... The NES games? I don;t get why there's so much extra space!

well...right now i have a 2 more things than what were originally on the wii hardware when i first got it: Internet Channel and Everybody Votes Channel.

There are going to be more channels that are going to come out for the wii over the months and years...and theyere needs to be spots to place them...simple! lol

well, when you purchase games from the shopping channel, i.e, mario 64 it will go in one if the channel space, so all that space are pretty much for virtual console games...

How did you add the everybody votes channal? I never watched my bros friend do it..

Xyphon said:
How did you add the everybody votes channal? I never watched my bros friend do it..
the empty spaces are for new hardware that comes out and virtual console games, their is so much room because Nintendo is cool and gave us a decent amount of memory on the menu to download stuff

you get the everybody votes channel by going to the wii shop icon on the wii menu, you have to have broadband internet connection, and router to go on the wii shop channel. To get the everybody votes channel on the wii shop menu you click on Wii Ware the big icon with the wii on it, then click on everybody votes and proceed to download. This shop is where you can buy everything else, like virtual console games.

Last edited:
Xyphon said:

you have to have access to the internet first of all...then you go to the wii shop channel....and from there u go to "wii Ware" where there will be both the voting channel and the internet channel to download to your wii

yes they are completely free...the internet channel i hear though at a later time might cost some money..but its all speculation to what i no

yeh..its pretty sweet right now..u can go on youtube and stuff and watch videos...you should give it a try...its unique in its own way

Back