Question?

---Brian---

WiiChat Member
Apr 1, 2007
Scotland
Err, ive just bought a 180Gb drive for my Ps3 for a bargain £40! anyway, ive got quite a lot of downloaded stuff etc(saved games) on my 60Gb hard drive, is it possible to tranfer the data from saved games and downloaded content to my 180Gb hard drive, or will i just have to download it all again and start the games from scratch?(look forward to that:D )

I'm not possitive on this but i'm pretty sure your gonna have to start over brian.:frown2: I don't think the ps3 has that adapter thing that the xbox 360 has to transfer data from hard drives. rep me if i helped.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps you could connect both hard drives to your pc and transfer the info. After all the PS3 works with standard IDE drives, right?

you can transfer all of your stuff. I havent done it, but i believe you can use a memory card and transfer stuff that way, or probably even an external hard drive. look it up on www.ps3forums.com. I remember reading someone giving instructions on how to do it. I would also check your drive to make sure it will function good on the ps3.

Like wii and ps3 said, you can put it on a memory card. If you have a PSP, this is perfect because you can plug the memory card from the ps3 into the psp then transfer that over to your computer if you run out of room on the card. I know you can get a 2 gig card for 30 bucks on amazon.

Back