question...

driftking3

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2007
why is nintendo's graphics always bad???

it seems like the nintendo 64 had the best graphics out of all sometimes...

everytime a new nintendo system comes out..its always being compared to its last gen systems...

wii is getting compared to ps2 graphics...

i think the only time nintendo made other sytems run for their money..was the nintendo 64 GEN...AND THE earlier nintendo systems...

wii is supposed to be next gen and is going to be the future of gaming...but they killed all that potential with stupid desicions...480 graphics???!!!

friend codes....and on top of that..game codes!!! FOR EVERY GAME!!! THAT IS

O.D!!! (OVER DOING)

Wii's graphics are pretty good actually.
Better than what the ps2 can dish out in some cases, like games like Galaxy etc.

It depends on the company and if its ported or not really.
Early on developers were looking for fast money and made bad games for the Wii to get some good money. Now most are realizing the potential it has and we should see some better looking games next year.

The Wii is the first of Nintendo's system to have poorer graphics in comparison to its rivals. Despite the game cube having some of the best graphics it still didn't do as well as the PS2. So maybe Nintendo thought that said something and instead focussed on their new intuitive method of gaming. I think it works.

The Wii doesn't have BAD graphic potential (just look at MP3). Developers just have to put in the hard work to make a good game. The Wii is pretty much a couple steps above the Xbox IMO. Nintendo is able to sell the system fo so cheap because they didn't put so much money into expensive graphics cards. Also, this is another reason why the system is able to be designed so small. I agree that I would like to see a little bit better graphics, but I would much rather see more quality gameplay, and I think the Wii will offer this more than the other two systems in the long run.

Past Nintendo systems were pretty much cutting edge when it came to graphics, the Snes, N64 and Gamecube were all amongst the best graphically in their respective generations.

Nintendo may have picked up a few pointers from Sony after the success of the Playstation brand though, as well as their own experience in the handheld market. After all the Gameboy, GBA and DS were all weaker graphically than the competition yet beat them easily.

Affordability and good gameplay is a winning formula for the Wii. It doesn't matter if it has '480 graphics' or not and i don't see how it was a 'stupid decision' when the Wii is outselling its competition so easily.

driftking3 said:

everytime a new nintendo system comes out..its always being compared to its last gen systems...

i think the only time nintendo made other sytems run for their money..was the nintendo 64 GEN...AND THE earlier nintendo systems...

wii is supposed to be next gen and is going to be the future of gaming...but they killed all that potential with stupid desicions...480 graphics???!!!

O.D!!! (OVER DOING)

What you are noticing is poorly made games that were cobbeled together at the last moment because when the wii was announced years ago, the developers slagged it off and put all their best efforts into PS360 development. NO ONE expected the wii to sell like it is, not even NINTENDO! So everyone was cought flatfooted and rushed to cash in on the opportunity to make money on the best selling videogames machine at this time. Now this doesn't mean they still see it as a valid game console, cuz they don't, all they are doing it trying to make some bank offa it.

Next, you are comparing the graphics of the wii to the PS360, which are much more powerfull systems.

Nintendo decided not to compete with the other two machines in terns of processing power, but to provide a new way to play games, which they delivered. Your disapointment is directly related on the lack of quality you see in the current crop of games, which reflect the atitudes of the developers towards the wii, not the capabilities of the machine itself.

Hopefully 2008 will see some better games made for the wii as the developers take the wii more seriously as a valid games console.

driftking3 said:

O.D!!! (OVER DOING)
nintendo's graphics aren't always bad. Gamecube had the greatest graphics for its generation. just never used for its full potential. i have a question for you. Why do you insist the graphics are bad when you most likely have never played Super mario galaxy, or mabye even zelda or metroid. those are some kickass graphics to me, when i saw SMG i farted because of its graphics. when i look at halo and assassins creed well it's not that great to me. Why? Because it looked the same.

Inferno7 said:
Read this I made it in a post about people like you:

It seems that everyone nowadays is a graphics whore because that is all people care about. Graphics this, Graphics that. Where has the real fun went? I mean I understand that Halo with SNES graphics wouldnt be good but COME ON! Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is what many people refer to as the greatest game of all time! Was it known for having great graphics? Yes in that time period but I know some retarded ignorant fools who wouldnt even touch it because they would think that the graphics suck compared to their "awesome Halo 3 with amazing graphics on hi-def". So what? I don't give a ****. I would rather play the best game of all time rather than play a repetetive FPS that all it has going for it is online and graphics. People who only care about graphics and nothing else are not TRUE gamers. People who care about gameplay and the ACTUAL fun are true gamers. Games are not movies.

I believe somewhere along the line, the gaming industry and gamers themselves got away from it's roots, which was fun. Now it is stuck on tech specs and processing power and the like. Now gamers fight among themselves about which machine can push the most polygons, who has the best shaders, who has the best artifical intelligence and all that. The whole gaming world takes itself WAY to seriously now. The fun and playfullness has been sucked out or playing games.

Now gamers are segregated into groups, with the "Hardcore" and self proclaimed games experts deriding new and inexperienced players as "Unworthy" of the hobby, fearing the end of the gaming world as they know it, all because Nintendo dared to appeal to these new ones along side the "Hasrdcore" players. It is unreal to me.

Nintendo decided to go back to the time when it wasn't like this, they tried to get back to gaming's roots, which was simply having fun PLAYING a game. The wii wasn't about having the most power, but it only was mean't to provide a new and assesable way to play games, which it has delivered. The virtual console was meant to draw in the old school gamers who has left gaming for a time. We older one can remember when games were truely hardcore, and the virtual console appeals to these ones.

The wii represents a turning against the current value system of more power makes right, more power equals better. More power is everything, MORE POWER! This is the reason I think it generates so much anger cuz it's the WEAKEST of the three machines, yet it is selling the most! Now I know people dismiss this as people not knowing what they are buying, but i beg to differ. The wii sells itself due to word of mouth. I know, I have personaly experinced this myself and read of others who have experienced the same thing.

So, in the end, I'm saying I agree with you.

I grudgingly admit that the PSP's graphics are better than most of Nintendo's work, but still, Nintendo does pretty well when it comes to graphics.

shrek4wii said:
I grudgingly admit that the PSP's graphics are better than most of Nintendo's work, but still, Nintendo does pretty well when it comes to graphics.

Are you talking about Nintendo's work themselves or the work of third parties, that is games NOT made by Nintendo?

romj said:
Are you talking about Nintendo's work themselves or the work of third parties, that is games NOT made by Nintendo?
Nah, Nintendo's work. third parties are alright too. I mean the consoles.

shrek4wii said:
Nah, Nintendo's work. third parties are alright too. I mean the consoles.

Than that is quite interesting that you feel that the PSP's graphics are better than Nintendo's. I have to look into that, I mean I'm gonna go look at some PSP games.

romj said:
Than that is quite interesting that you feel that the PSP's graphics are better than Nintendo's. I have to look into that, I mean I'm gonna go look at some PSP games.
They are good. It does have something to do with the large screen though.

shrek4wii said:
They are good. It does have something to do with the large screen though.

Are you talking about the PSP compared to the DS Lite, or the PSP compared to the wii? If you are talking about the PSP and the DS Lite, than the PSP is more powerfull, thus will have better grahpics.

Back