question??

brigipson

worldsbestgamer
Nov 25, 2007
michigan
ok im a huge wii fanboy and i love my wii but i was wondering what if microsoft or playstation came out with the full hands motion system before nintendo did?

the wii wud be far superior still due to it having the more 'fun' games such as mario,sonic,zelda
as opposed to the blow everyones brains out games :D

brigipson said:
ok im a huge wii fanboy and i love my wii but i was wondering what if microsoft or playstation came out with the full hands motion system before nintendo did?

I don't know about you, but I think Wii Sports was one of the biggest culprits behind the huge Wii phenomenon. I'm not saying it's by any means the reason why I got the Wii, but over the holiday break, I had several family members (a dozen) stay at our house. At first I was playing Metroid Prime 3 for a while, but they weren't too impressed. My younger cousins were a little impressed, but not to the extent that could conceivably sell 16 million units in little over a year.

They then asked to put in Wii Sports for the kids, and suddenly they all (both kids and their parents) became unbelievably ecstatic. They just couldn't put that game down....

So the wiimote was cool, and a very revolutionary change of pace to the face of gaming, but from multiple experiences it was the game that was packaged in that managed to sell those motion controls beyond anyone's conceivable expectations.

A direct answer to your question: if they (Microsoft or Sony) had very strong titles to sell those motion controls, then the competition for console sales would be a far, far different battle today. Otherwise, I figure the Wii would have only sold slightly fewer units in the worse-case scenario..

But in the end, that's just not Microsoft's or Sony's style. Sony is always the leader in using their consoles as media-center units (PSX doubled as a CD player, PS2 as a DVD player, PS3 as a Blu-Ray player), while Microsoft is shaping up more hardcore serious gaming consoles with really great online networking. Nintendo just seemed to bring back the "fun" into homes that arcades seemed to kindle; it was a kind of fun that always seemed to be related to Nintendo and helped push their success and so many units off of store shelves. Awkward comparison to the arcades, though, considering how the way of the arcades ended up....

Last edited:
interesting does anyone think nintendo should come out with a full motion sensing eye toy?

brigipson said:
then the wii would be cool and PS3/360 would suck! lol i kid, or do i?

brigipson said:
interesting does anyone think nintendo should come out with a full motion sensing eye toy?
yeah! that would be so cool! not.. eye toy sucked, plus why would they copy sony after so many people claim sony copied nintendo with sixaxis? wich is totally different btw.. and cooler.. well maybe not cooler but it works.

Engadet Post Says Microsoft...

I was reading an Engadget post about Microsoft researching controllers with motion sensing technology. I cant seem to find the post, but here is something off of a google search: http://www.videogamesblogger.com/20...ed-xbox-360-controller-and-motion-sensing.htm
If Microsoft/Sony do make a Wiimote competitor, I think Microsoft would have the best chance yet. Microsoft has the Xbox Arcade system for the same price as the Wii, so with the graphics they can produce+ a wii-like controller, and some awesome titles, they would be the ultimate gaming choice.

PS: I want to buy a good FPS game for my Wii, how is RE Umbrella Cronicles/RE Wii edition? Which would you recommend? What about the WW2 games like COD and MOH? I like COD on the pc, Medal of Honor is really tough because of the cross hair.. Thanks

brigipson said:

Well it would make things interesting wouldn't it? :lol:

I don't know how it would have turned out though, if it came out before Nintendo then it would probably get all the casual gamers to come play..but then maybe we would hear complaints about bad games/easy games and mini-games :lol:. Much the same Nintendo is talked about now. But really, it would just be weird if they had it first.

its all in the games...

the reason NES sold so many systems and games back in the day was because it appealed to everyone...

but with all the extra buttons and the gov't and media bashing video games in the 90's... for the past decade or so parents could care less about playing video games with there kids "for the most part". And so the demographic changed to kids getting whatever they begged for long enough, and the larger audience being teenagers and young adults who had the spare cash and time to invest into video games. so we got alot more adult games, pushing parents away even further.
even with motion control technology PS/Microsoft would still be aimed at the larger demographic "in there mind" being teenagers,young adults... graphics,online play, great FPS ect..
the motion sensing just adds to that experience. somthing a hardcore gamer might see as a perk but not important..

But when you look at nintendo over the years it has never changed its demographic... its always tryed to stay the "family system" keeping to there roots...
But now grandpa wouldn't play with little jimmy,because his nintendo had 4 buttons and a keypad on the controller "nes"
and now jimmys nintendo has 8 buttons, 2 joy sticks and a key pad "GC"

Then comes the Wii, now you barely use the buttons and grandpa is kicking jimmys butt at bowling because he has better form... tada, fastest selling gaming system know to man.

Having games with pretty much universal appeal tied with easy game play, "more linked with personal skill than how quick you can get the thumbs a thumppin" is what sold nearly 20 million units in the Wii's first year... not just the controls itself...

it might have hurt sales slightly but i doubt it would be enough to change the outcome, Its been a few years but nintendo has earned its right on top again, because it stuck to its guns

Last edited:
secondary question: why is playstation so desperate in catching wii in sales. first of all sony stole nintendos idea with the tilt tech now they are trying to push the eye toy to be like the wii its like a dbz episode. the wii is gohan and ps3 is cell and gohan just went ssj2 now cell is getting desperate and is tryin everything to stop him lol sorry sony you lost this time. better luck next time

well i was feeling bad for sony at first, they put there heart and sole into PS3 and its a great system... but forcing blue ray on it shot the price up and kinda killed its introduction... in the past sony has tryed this and failed atleast this time they are sharing blue ray with other manufactures and not forcing them to pay for rights to use it.... they learned from old mistake *see mini disk

But now sony is picking up, if you look at there sales trend they are pretty much the same as 360 was after its first year so i think they will be fine. specially with ps2 still being big... they made alot of crtical mistakes but so did everybody in this gen system... but they arnt hurting dont forget sony and microsoft sell a few other things besides games unlike nintendo..lol

they arnt really doing bad. sony and microsoft just aimed it at what they new would sell, the hardcore gamers. they had no clue nintendo would get everyone to gaming again with the wii... so they arnt really competing to get nintendos sales they are more or less competing to keep the people they already had.... the biggest hit i think will be in japan for sony...

Back