questions about ds

MrMac

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2007
I was thinking of buying a Nintendo DS light but wasn't sure of what all it could do. I heard that it has wifi and stuff like that. I had one of the old ds' when they first came out a few years ago and the picno chat really sucked. I was wondering if the picno chat and multiplayer gaming would be via wifi. I have a wireless router in my house and would like for it to work like that.

Thanks

JAKE196 said:
You can play online on certain games.

Picto chat is teh awesome! j/k

picto chat don't work online.

That is dumb that it doesnt work online. But can you like talk online in games with people. And isn't there a Microphone you can buy?

Exactly, excuse you. I was just telling you it was PICTO. Sorry for living, now im definitely not going to help you.

skewzzme said:
Exactly, excuse you. I was just telling you it was PICTO. Sorry for living, now im definitely not going to help you.

yea....

I got the point when the other guy said "PICTO CHAT"

and btw. most of the people on these forums are mean. Some people tend to be helpful at times, thanks

Well seeing as both our posting times are the exact same, you can see that I didnt see his until after I posted mine, and dont assume anything about me please.

No, PictoChat isn't via wifi, but multiplayer is. Multiplayer is ok at times, and not so good other times. The best wifi experiences would probably be Metroid Prime Hunter (especially if you like FPS's) and Mario Kart DS. I highly recommend both those games if you're looking for wifi games.

manufan15 said:
No, PictoChat isn't via wifi, but multiplayer is. Multiplayer is ok at times, and not so good other times. The best wifi experiences would probably be Metroid Prime Hunter (especially if you like FPS's) and Mario Kart DS. I highly recommend both those games if you're looking for wifi games.

Is the Metroid Game like a halo style game on multiplayer? I have MPC for the wii and was wondering if the metroid on ds would be like an arena style game?

I look at Picto Chat as a pre-developed chat system for the upcoming DS 2, but that's going to far =P. It was a neat idea that could of gone a long way if there was online or more features that could be added.

MrMac said:
I was thinking of buying a Nintendo DS light but wasn't sure of what all it could do. I heard that it has wifi and stuff like that. I had one of the old ds' when they first came out a few years ago and the picno chat really sucked. I was wondering if the picno chat and multiplayer gaming would be via wifi. I have a wireless router in my house and would like for it to work like that.

Thanks

The DS Lite is the same as the original DS. It's just a more sleek design with a brighter screen. All the capabilities are the same.

Back