Questions on 360

PtonJalken

Ptowwnaagee!
Dec 25, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
7740-5070-1158-5119
Hey all,

Well. I got a pretty good part-time job finally. And within a few months ill be going on a little shopping spree. I got a few questions though.

1. is HDMI like Super HDTV or something? Is it worth getting a tv to support this if im buying a 360 Elite?

2. is the wireless connection on the 360 good? Like if i have a regular 50-100ping in North America on games like Wolfenstein: ET on my WIRED computer. (Regular download speed on a normal site of like 130kb/s.. meh.). Would my Ping on Xbox Live Gold still be good? (as in not laggy).

3. Is the Elite worth an extra 50 or w/e dollars?

4. How much is the current Xbox360 Elite and Premium.

5. For a TV i was planning on getting something like this, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2927910&sku=H94-3200 , or maybe a little more expensive like this, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3071639&CatId=386 . Something around the 32-37" area that wont sink me. Its about time since ive been living off a 19" shitbox for 10years :D

6. Does HDMI do a big improvement?

7. How long is the life for the xbox360 still? im a little weary about buying systems that have been out for awhile. Would i get alot of years out of this before the next MS product?

And.. i probably got more and ill ask if i remember..

*waits for Sovieto*

PtonJalken said:
Im the King of the world tho, i diserve personal messaging from Sovieto. :aureola:
I hope you're kidding...

And Sov isn't on atm. So get as many of your answers there as you can, then if there's any that aren't answered, then wait for him to get on...

- If you plan on downloading lots of content, games, movies etc then yes its worth it.

- You would have to check yourself.. Can't say I know it off the top of my head. Try checking the best buy website.

www.bestbuy.com

5. For a TV i was planning on getting something like this, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...0&sku=H94-3200 , or maybe a little more expensive like this, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...1639&CatId=386 . Something around the 32-37" area that wont sink me. Its about time since ive been living off a 19" shitbox for 10years

- if you're planning on purchasing a new television make sure it has the right connection outlets etc.. which it probably will so you probably wont have to worry about it.

7. How long is the life for the xbox360 still? im a little weary about buying systems that have been out for awhile. Would i get alot of years out of this before the next MS product?

- I'm pretty sure the system will last you for quite some time. You can also go ahead and purchase a one year waranty on it so that by the end of the year you can exchange it for a new one.

PtonJalken said:
Hey all,

Well. I got a pretty good part-time job finally. And within a few months ill be going on a little shopping spree. I got a few questions though.

1. is HDMI like Super HDTV or something? Is it worth getting a tv to support this if im buying a 360 Elite?

2. is the wireless connection on the 360 good? Like if i have a regular 50-100ping in North America on games like Wolfenstein: ET on my WIRED computer. (Regular download speed on a normal site of like 130kb/s.. meh.). Would my Ping on Xbox Live Gold still be good? (as in not laggy).

5. For a TV i was planning on getting something like this, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2927910&sku=H94-3200 , or maybe a little more expensive like this, http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3071639&CatId=386 . Something around the 32-37" area that wont sink me. Its about time since ive been living off a 19" shitbox for 10years :D

6. Does HDMI do a big improvement?

And.. i probably got more and ill ask if i remember..

*waits for Sovieto*
im on now :smilewinkgrin:
1. it really only makes a difference on 1080p hdtvs, making it run smoother i believe, but besides that it can just be used to save cord space (it replaces the component/composite cables)
2. the wireless receiver for the 360 is a gaming one, it is good for gaming and what you need from what i know and have heard, thats why its so expensive. but wired connection is still the best
3. extra $80, it depends, how much you want black, the harddrive is good for if you want to download HD content off of the 360, and the hdmi cable is good for hdtvs
4. this is on the faq..premium: $400USD elite: $480USD
5. def. go with the second one out of the 2, but there are still better, try to keep browsing, hdtvs are big purchasing, so you want to have all your options open
6. no not really from what i know, but here are the claimed advantages:
1) The highest quality video seen and audio heard
2) Fewer cables behind the TV means less mess and confusion-free connection
3) Automatically configures remote controls of devices connected by HDMI
4) Automatically adjusts video content to most effective format
5) HDMI is compatible with DVI, which means it will allow connection to PCs
7. the xboxs went strong after the launch units were fixed, so the 360s should be the same, and so far are proving to be the same

ah so HDMI is like a more efficient connection method? I think the highest the TV's ill be purchasing will go is 1080i, thats second best quality. right? (im not very smart with newer TVs, i have a piece of **** in my bedroom and my parents arent the big technology buying type.)

And i could try to get wired if its alot better.. i dunno since id probably need another computer to configure the modem in my room wouldnt I? (my main comp is downstairs, the xbox would be in my room).

And as long as i can expect another 3 years at least of service for 360 before next console? you think? (not that i wouldnt be able to afford a new one by then lol)

and off to bed i goes!

Back