questions on MOH:H2

What's the secret to killing people? I walk up behind them unloading my BAR on them with 8 or 9 shots and they just turn around and kill me with the
mp40. Do head-shots make a difference?

I love FPS, but I am not very good at it. (Before the Wii, I played Rainbow Six on XboX)

Eventually, after you play the game, you will just be able to recognize the Axis uniforms from the Allies uniforms. (Axis are usually darker, it's weird, but I just somehow began to distinguish them.......

preachn said:
What's the secret to killing people? I walk up behind them unloading my BAR on them with 8 or 9 shots and they just turn around and kill me with the

I love FPS, but I am not very good at it. (Before the Wii, I played Rainbow Six on XboX)

my point exactly
you lucky you can shoot 8-9 shots before you die (8-9 shots from BAR takes a while). When the slow shooting BAR/StG can't kill effectively due to low fire power (same goes to rifles), it will give a good chance for the guy to kill you.
For close and mid range, I think Thompson and MP40 is the best to kill.

Now I think about it, I am pretty disappointed at EA for this game - the firepower setting is just plain wrong. You can't really kill if you don't use the two sub MGs.

My personal favorite is the BAR...I like it cause once you get the hang of it (the game), you can start cranking out headshots cause of it's stability. They work best as a hybrid of short and long range (try not to get in strafing fights though). Also, by the nature of the sights, headshots are easy to line up, unlike the stg44 and Thompson. The Thompson and MP40 are my "aggressive" weapons if I just wanna mow a person down.

preachn said:
mp40. Do head-shots make a difference? Yes, they make a HUGE difference. Always go for the headshots. And also, make sure you dont stay in the same spot when you see someone with an MP40, always move around or else they will unload all their shots on you and kill you in a flash. If you have a BAR/StG44 against someone with an MP40/Thompson, you have an advantage. Just move around and shoot. Its easy.

I know what you're saying though, that has happened to me before. But once you get the hang of it, you can kill people quickly. If you are coming up behind someone, make sure your aiming at their head. Or chest, I guess, but head is better.

kmcheng said:
my point exactly
you lucky you can shoot 8-9 shots before you die (8-9 shots from BAR takes a while). When the slow shooting BAR/StG can't kill effectively due to low fire power (same goes to rifles), it will give a good chance for the guy to kill you.
For close and mid range, I think Thompson and MP40 is the best to kill.

Now I think about it, I am pretty disappointed at EA for this game - the firepower setting is just plain wrong. You can't really kill if you don't use the two sub MGs.I disagree. When using the MP40 and Thompson, it is hard to shoot down a moving target, unless it is moving right at you. I always use the StG, and I have won DMs all the time. I am in the top 500 basically only using the StG. You just have to get good with it, trust me, and it can be deadly. Now, if your in the sewers, its a different story...

Yeah, and MATRX is right, the Thompson and MP40 are the "agressive" weapons for mowing people down. Its tough to use them against people who are running from side to side while they are shooting you, the aiming is tough. But if theyre coming straight at you, you mow em down.

preachn said:

If you're not moving, that MP40 is an easy weapon to kill you with. On the other hand, if you never stop pivoting and changing direction, the BAR is the superior weapon, and they're going to have trouble finishing the kill.

It takes a while to be able to aim well (yes, aim for the head) while moving constantly (and if they're smart, they'll be moving too), but once you can, you'll be able to beat the automatics more times than not.

cantgetawii said:
Friend is green (Allies) Foe is Red (Axis)

Well, Allies are always green, and Axis is always red. The friend or foe part only applies if you yourself are Allied.

Also if no one is shooting at you anymore you know he's dead

Or it just means they're reloading and you're about to get fried. The death animation from the shotgun is nice and distinct, tend to throw the person a little bit. Some of the other animations can be a little obscured by all the action, and you can end up wasting ammo on a corpse in the long slow process of falling down. This (the wasted ammo) is an especially galling loss in a CTF game where reloads are either limited (In sewers the reloads disappear completely after a couple of people run through them, In village, there are only two reload points) or in locations that are difficult to get through--if you've got six people to kill between you and your goal, you're going to need every single bullet. Eventually you'll learn to keep your eye on the text, and you'll see the kill notice come up.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

I have figured out that with my BAR (which is the weapon I like even if I haven't learned it yet) if I keep moving some people will waste their bullets--they are noobs like me, I assume--and occasionaly win a head 2 head match. Later tonight I will focus on head shots. If someone remains still and I run at them shooing the bar, I can pretty much count on killing them....it's the pesky moving ones that get me.........:shocked:

uloseiwin said:
Yeah, and MATRX is right, the Thompson and MP40 are the "agressive" weapons for mowing people down. Its tough to use them against people who are running from side to side while they are shooting you, the aiming is tough. But if theyre coming straight at you, you mow em down.

I don't know. I tried BAR a few times, and StG once or twice. I pressed A to aim right at the guy and shoot, but still can't kill, and often time I am the one who is killed.
I like to use rifle, either M1 or K98, but often time I shot 4-5 times, that guy is still there. Of course, given the shooting time, I will be dead.

kmcheng said:
I don't know. I tried BAR a few times, and StG once or twice. I pressed A to aim right at the guy and shoot, but still can't kill, and often time I am the one who is killed.

ironsights (the A button) slow you down in dogfights (to wit, a lot of people stop moving completely when they enter ironsights--who knows why). It's okay when you've got range on someone who hasn't spotted you, but when you're within spitting distance, it just keeps you from dodging their shots and leads to an untimely death. At the very least, if you really need them, you should continue side to side movement and commence leaning side to side.

A good rule of thumb is to never stop moving. There are lots of times to break the rule (real snipers in teamplay for instance), but it's still a good rule (especially in deathmatch).

moving when shooting is good strategy, but isn't it make focus to the target harder?

Yes, but they can easily kill you faster if you dont move.

And btw, I never use the sights with the A button unless I'm shooting long range. The crosshairs work fine for me.

uloseiwin said:
Yes, but they can easily kill you faster if you dont move.

And btw, I never use the sights with the A button unless I'm shooting long range. The crosshairs work fine for me.

kinda hard to aim the head and shoot if I don't use A button to aim
As I tried more, Thompson and MP40 is the easiest to kill, shoot head or body. For StG and BAR (same for rifle), shoot the head (aim or not) would make killing easier, but pretty useless if generally shoot the body.

Another quick tip- Know when your enemy is about to reload. The BAR lasts longer than the Thompson/MP40 before you have to reload. You may see your enemy heading towards cover right before he has to reload. If you have a bar, you will want to use your sprint, foil his cover, and use the rest of your rounds to kill him with close up head shots.
If you have the Thompson, you may not want to retreat to cover if you can hang in through the reload because by the time your done, the BAR will start reloading.

Back