questions on MOH:H2

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Thanks for the help. Last night I played for a while and kept moving and shooting people with the BAR. I also was able to stay farther away from the people with the mp40 and I was able kill them by moving around and letting them waste bullets while I strategically used my bullets. I actually posted positive scores. :lol:

Now if I could figure out how to avoid being killed by grenades and sniper rifles...... :crazy:

By the way, I usually only play in unranked TDM or CTF. Once I get it down, I may move to ranked matches. (I am currently -48 on ranking...Darn grenades....)

by the way, there is not health indicator, right? so when you die, you die?

kmcheng said:
by the way, there is not health indicator, right? so when you die, you die?

No Health indicator........
When you screen goes red and you have the heartbeat pounding RUN FOR COVER. :yikes: When the screen goes normal again you have full health.

Just tested in sewer, M1 and BAR are pretty much the same
When I use BAR, and go near the guy using bazooka has his back on me, I use the BAR shoot right at his head 7-8 times, then he die. I also nearly cleared the whole clip in M1 just to kill another in close range before he has a chance to shoot me.
Man, that's too much. For M1 and BAR, that close range, the guy should die after 3-4 shot tops.
It is hard to shoot 7 times at the guy without miss when both are moving.
That's why Thompson and MP40 are easier to kill, I think? They shoot very fast.

kmcheng said:
It is hard to shoot 7 times at the guy without miss when both are moving.
That's why Thompson and MP40 are easier to kill, I think? They shoot very fast.

Under the same conditions you just described, yes, the kill would be faster with an SMG. However, when your opponent isn't standing still, a great many of your shots are going to be wasted, never hitting their target. The SMG is a popular choice, and it's advantages are obvious, but it has disadvantages as well. With good footwork, you can really tick a SMGer off. I've gone head to head with SMG wielders in the top 10, and taken them down with my BAR.

In some environments, like when I'm running the tunnels (where there's little room to dodge bullets) in the City map, I prefer the MP40. In many other environments, like the Village, and usually the Monastery as well, the BAR's versatility gives me an edge over my SMG-wielding opponents.

With that said, there is no "best" weapon. Use the one you can get kills with.

Edited to correct machine gun / SMG error, as per cyberzomby's correction.

Last edited:
Actually you mean sub-machine guns when your talking about thompsons and mp40's

What you wield ( BAR ) is considered a machinegun in most games.

cyberzomby said:
Actually you mean sub-machine guns when your talking about thompsons and mp40's

What you wield ( BAR ) is considered a machinegun in most games.

Quite right about the SMGs (thanks), but I think the BAR qualifies as a semi-automatic rifle in this iteration.

also, I can do sprint in campaign with C button, can I do it in online play also?
I really need cover when I got critical health, which is often unfortunately

Wiinter said:
Quite right about the SMGs (thanks), but I think the BAR qualifies as a semi-automatic rifle in this iteration.
Yup you are right! But thats why I said in most games. Because in almost any game the BAR is the allied machine gun

BAR stands for: Browning Automatic Rifle

+1 rep for you :D

CRAP! Sorry cant give it to you. Already gave it to you a long time ago

Some versions of the BAR were fully automatic machine guns, despite the name, so I'm sure that's why most other games use it that way.

One imagines these other games you're referencing were WWII games as well, so I wonder why MOHH2 chose to use the semi model... :confused:

In most games you can switch. I guess this was the same in real life. It had 2 or maybe 3 fireing modes.

Back