Quick Gamecube Memory Card Q....

MrT

WiiChat Member
May 11, 2007
Chippenham, UK
Wii Online Code
7092-4371-1466-6540
Do the Gamecube memory cards fit into the wii so that they are flush and you can close the cover over the top of them and not see them, or do they stick out so you cant close the cover?
Cheers,
P.

If you remove the lid on the top of the Wii, you will see that underneath it lies the GC controllers and the memory card slot. Once you insert a GC controller or a memory card into this area, you cannot close the lid because the card will stick out.

does anywhere sell a more specific 'wii/gamecube' card that does fit in without sticking out?
looks untidy with it just sticking up like that.
i know i'm being picky, but......

Not to our knowledge, and I don't think there will ever be one.

Else it'd have to be... Really... Really... Small.

Nintendo already has the smallest memory card!

And... how would u get it out there, since there is no click function, which "removes" it, when u press on it, like some digicams or other products have, with cards...

ahh....hes a clever guy, hadnt thought about that bit hehehe.
maybe a pair of pliers :ihih:

Some users have modded their consoles so that the cards fit inside the Wii. Others have done the same thing with the wavebird receiver. The unwieldy gamecube accessories do detract from the console's chic.

I recommend against such chicanery. Unless you're made of money, there's always a risk of busting your system when you break out the soldering iron, and of course you void the warranty in the process. But if you still want to, google it.

I think it makes it look akward. Nintendo should've really tried to work around this issue.imo they could release a smaller wireless port or a smaller gamecube memory card, if not jsut use SD.

Back