Quick Vista Question

Almo

WiiChat Member
Mar 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
8407-4245-3370-0256
hey i just got vista and im wondering if i need to back up my HD before i intall it? will installing a new OS like that format my HD?

Probably. I'm not much of a windows person. I have a mac and during the process you can ask if you can format or something, but you should back it up, just in case.

Hm.... you bought the OS...

I myself would dual-boot to XP.... Just until the compatibility kinks get rolled out.

=| why would you not buy it?

I did...

It depends what you choose... if you upgrade from 2000 or XP then no... all your files will not be deleted, but instead moved to a folder called 'windows.old'... where you can rescue your media...

(NB - backing up, onto another media, is always advised anyway...)

If you choose new installation then all files will... be removed...

Nah...i mean that usually people just build or buy when upgrading OS's.... I haven't heard of many people with vid cards that support DX10 who upgraded..... I dunno...

Edit: made it coherent, lol

Brawny said:
Nah...i mean that usually people just build or buy when upgrading OS's.... I haven't heard of many people with vid cards that support DX10 who upgraded..... I dunno...

Edit: made it coherent, lol

=/ i upgraded for the hell of it... well... actually... it really like it... it's much faster and runs a lot smoother than XP in my opinion...

I do have a DX10 GPU, so there's that too ^^

Also i got it cheap... £60 (cheaper when you compare it to full/non-student version)... student discount rocks... (10% off the price at topman ^^)

Back