R.e.m.

Star Striker

Definately something.
May 30, 2007
Newry, Co. Down
Any R.E.M. fans here?

I'd like to download a few tracks as I've lost some very old albums from them during moving house last year.

They are one of the best rock bands ever. (Kurt Cobain's favourite band and the last CD found playing in his stereo when he commited suicide.)

My friend's mom used to be their manager I think. They're good friends with them.

With that being said, I have no clue what their music sounds like. LMAO.

they're great!

uh... download the song man on the moon. and its the end of the world as we know it.

then buy some to support them!

Apart from a few naff albums they're superb, especially their earlier stuff (to be fair, no band goes 20 years without at least one naff album). If you've never heard of them, check out their albums Automatic for the People and Murmur.

The only album that survived the move is their 'best of' cd - In Time.

R.E.M. were and still are one of the most influential alternative rock bands in the world.

You must have heard of Imitation of Life, Losing My Religion, Shiny Happy People etc.

Yeah, I wouldn't call myself a huge fan but I do like a few of their songs.
And that Kurt Cobain fact, I did not know. Very interesting stuff.

Michael Stipe actually tried to prevent Kurt's spiralling depression by creating a project that didn't exist that he wanted Kurt to collaborate with him on and he had to go to Georgia straight away to record it..... it didn't work unfortunately.

All this was on The Seven Ages Of Rock on BBC2 last week.

Star Striker said:
Michael Stipe actually tried to prevent Kurt's spiralling depression by creating a project that didn't exist that he wanted Kurt to collaborate with him on and he had to go to Georgia straight away to record it..... it didn't work unfortunately.

All this was on The Seven Ages Of Rock on BBC2 last week.

Dang, I meant to watch that. I never knew they planned a collaboration, now I'm quite curious about what it would have sounded like.

Back