Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Racing games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by opie420, Mar 4, 2008.

1. opie420

opie420 WiiChat Member

What are some of the better racing games?
    Is the steering wheel worth buying?

2. Spool

Spool WiiChat Member

I like Excite Truck, it's probably the best racing game currently available for Wii. Need for Speed:Carbon is decent. It's way too short and easy though. If you don't already have it I'd suggest picking up a copy of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for the Gamecube. I haven't played Pro Street yet. I also just rented MX vs ATV: Untamed and so far it's pretty good. Lot's of cool unlockables and an online racing mode (haven't tried the online yet myself). I also have Monster Truck 4x4 World Circuit that came with a free wheel. The game is all right for a $20 game. However it is easy too beat in less than an hour and after that there's really no replay value. I personally don't see the need for a wheel, I'm perfectly fine with holding just the remote. However the wheel that I have is different than the one that's coming with Mario Kart.

3. opie420

opie420 WiiChat Member

So there will be a wheel with mario kart? So you all think this Mario Kart is going to be worth picking up?

4. Vigilante

Vigilante The Conspiracy Theorist

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I just got Monster trucks 4x4 with Wii wheel today, and it's pretty fun IMO.

5. gpoleweski

gpoleweski G-JoKeR

Wii Friend Code: 4462-3961-4067-6996
    4462-3961-4067-6996
    Man there are so many newbies here..use the search bar and yes Mario Kart will be worth a pick up, unless you've been living under a cardboard box...

6. hencam[uk]

hencam[uk] www.hencam.co.uk

Another vote for excite truck - I only got this yesterday but I'm seriously impressed at how much fun it is!

It's a totally unrealistic but downright fun arcadey racing game, and has a very nice feeling of speed.

Well worth checking out.

7. mcfz

mcfz WiiChat Member

My favorite racing game right now is GT Racing. I enjoy the game play, however the graphics could you a LOT of work, plus you can purchase it with a nice Black Steering Wheel in a pack :)

My 2 cents! lol

8. cRaSh115

cRaSh115 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5381-6822-1655-4361
    5381-6822-1655-4361
    I enjoy GT Pro Series too. You can pick that up for about $20 now, new. Not sure if the cheaper ones come with a wheel, but YES, the wheel IS worth it. I played the game both ways, and it's much easier, IMO with a wheel. I don't have a stationary wheel, just a "hold in the air" wheel.