Racism

Can I say, that was an Islamaphobic attack, not an Arabphobic one. There are many Christian Arabs and many white Muslims- do not think the terms Arab and Muslim are synonymous.

Yes, I understand they are different, but they are often grouped together by those less informed than yourself. The topic is about the current state of racism, which today goes beyond black and white as the original poster stated. Not sure why you're jumping at me for bringing another topic to the discussion. When someone looks at a brown skinned guy with a beard they have certain preconceived notions, to me that fits into racism.

Last edited:
Yes, I understand they are different, but they are often grouped together by those less informed than yourself. The topic is about the current state of racism, which today goes beyond black and white as the original poster stated. Not sure why you're jumping at me for bringing another topic to the discussion. When someone looks at a brown skinned guy with a beard they have certain preconceived notions, to me that fits into racism.

I wasn't insulting you, don't take it so personally.

Poppycock. Of course it's not racist.
It's preserving race and culture - as opposed to getting rid of it!
Races don't need preserving. It's just the colour of your skin and a few minor, irrelevant genetic traits. The government has no right to tell the people who they should and shouldn't have relationships with.

I don't know how you intend to 'preserve' culture, because culture is constantly changing. The culture of 30's was different to the 40's, which was different to the 50's, etc. Saying that, I cannot consider any society that accepts the disgusting practices of eugenics and anti-miscegenation as cultured.

Haha, yes, that's the most laughable policy of them all. Apparantly it destroys a bloodline or something, I dunno.
Yeah I know, it's ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can think that a mixed race child "destroys a bloodline" other than by some absurd racist reasoning.

Yeah I know, it's ridiculous. I don't know how anyone can think that a mixed race child "destroys a bloodline" other than by some absurd racist reasoning.

You've got to give them credit- at least they sat in a room and actually tried to come up with a convincing reason as to why inter racial relationships are bad, instead of just spouting the usual illogical, irrational crap.

You've got to give them credit- at least they sat in a room and actually tried to come up with a convincing reason as to why inter racial relationships are bad, instead of just spouting the usual illogical, irrational crap.
But their reasoning is illogical, irrational crap.

There is however something British about hating the French.
I swear it's in my blood. I just can't stand them. Especially tourists.
Every other race/nationality is win for me though.

I'm a mexican that was born here in the US BTW.

Read slowly,
"If an illegal alien (doesn't matter what race) takes your job and you are an American who speaks and reads English, you are a ****ing retarded dumbass. How stupid could you get when someone who hardly speaks English and can't even read it takes your job. Your are pretty pathetic in my opinion."

There is however something British about hating the French.
I swear it's in my blood. I just can't stand them. Especially tourists.
Every other race/nationality is win for me though.
It does seem prevalent, but I've never followed it personally, nor understand it.

Dr Mario said:
I don't even know what to say in reply to that. And that's not me admitting defeat.

You see, banning inter-racial relationships is not racist. I'm not saying I'm necessarily for it, and I'm not saying I'm necessarily against it.

However, the fact that this 'ban' would affect everybody of all races is exactly why it is not racist. It's a policy that affects every one.

I suppose the reasoning for such a policy is somewhat controversial - but it all comes down to personal beliefs, so I'm not willing to accept what other people say as truth - and nor should any one else even consider my personal opinion as truth.
But I wonder, are the people who believe in white British people being banned from mixing genes with other races be as adamant if a German and a Chinese couple had offspring (in whatever country)?

Also, I think it still is racist, it's just racist against non-British people.

For example, being islamophobic, one could be afraid of black populations that convert to Islam as well as a lot of people in the middle-east.

All in all, the problem is some people thinking they have the right to not only speak on behalf of others (inside and outside their racial/geographic group), but also to enforce beliefs not held by others.

Last edited:
It does seem prevalent, but I've never followed it personally, nor understand it.

Welcome back for starters :) haven't seen you around in a while.

With tourists, whenever I go to say Devon or Norfolk they're there and just painfully rude really. Lack of manners/common courtesy when about. Different occasions my Mum's been barged into 'cause they wouldn't go single file down a path or whatevz and I've had a go at 'em. I'll respect them as a nation when I find a reason to, which I'm yet to tbh.

Welcome back for starters :) haven't seen you around in a while.

With tourists, whenever I go to say Devon or Norfolk they're there and just painfully rude really. Lack of manners/common courtesy when about. Different occasions my Mum's been barged into 'cause they wouldn't go single file down a path or whatevz and I've had a go at 'em. I'll respect them as a nation when I find a reason to, which I'm yet to tbh.
Fair enough. Sounds like you've had bad experiences with them, and I understand you would come to the conclusion you did. However, I wonder what British tourists are like in France. I mean, we are renowned for thinking that the entire world should speak English, rather than us learning to communicate with others...

Oh, and cheers for the welcome back message. I always liked the political discussions. :D

Yay, I'm not the only person in Britain who doesn't hate the French.

But I wonder, are the people who believe in white British people being banned from mixing genes with other races be as adamant if a German and a Chinese couple had offspring (in whatever country)?

Also, I think it still is racist, it's just racist against non-British people.
I'd argue it's just as racist against British people. It infringes on our right to be with the people we love regardless of race.

All in all, the problem is some people thinking they have the right to not only speak on behalf of others (inside and outside their racial/geographic group), but also to enforce beliefs not held by others.
Couldn't have put it better myself. :thumbsup:

the government should have no say period on what skin colors you can marry. that is absurd. I'm not so familiar with the genetic arguments but from my understanding doesn't a mingling of the gene pool lead to stronger genes?

the government should have no say period on what skin colors you can marry. that is absurd. I'm not so familiar with the genetic arguments but from my understanding doesn't a mingling of the gene pool lead to stronger genes?

So you can't marry people of different skin color in what country?

Back