Radiant Dawn,exactly what do you do?

fewfirstchoice

WiiChat Member
Jan 23, 2007
Inez,Kentucky
Wii Online Code
6231-9555-8344-2935
I know its a RPG.My question is what do you do.IS it a game like blue dragon for xbox were you send characters into battle.Do you cast spells and watch them take affect.I would just like to know what kind of game play it has before I decide if I want to buy it or not.Im going to toysrus and pick up the 2 for 3 deal.I know Im getting MArio Galaxy and MOHH2.So now I need to decide if I want to get radiant dawn.First I was going to also get Ghoast Squad but I have enough shooter games counting COD4,Gears of War,and HAlo 2 and 3 on the Xbox.Plus im getting MOHH2 also so I dont need another shooter.So I think its between RD,Zack and Wiki,or MArio and sonic.I know what the game play is like in both Mario and Sonic,Zack and Wiki.But what kind of game is RD.How do you fight.Can you solve puzzles?Do you get to run around enter twine with other characters.Just if ya dont mind can I have a run down on how the gmae plays.thanks in advance.

Radient Dawn is more of a tactical game than an RPG. Yes there are RPG elements (char developement, and a story line) but the meat and potatoes of the game is more tactical than role playing.

You have an ever growing cast of characters to use in battles. You don't create your own char, nor do you play as just one char. You control the groups of characters in battles. In "town" all you do is watch a few conversations, restock, sell unwanted equip, and move skills (and bonus exp) around. Then your back into the battles.

Do all your men go level up and learn ability's like tactics ogre or final fantasy tactics?

I mean is it like having an army of personal characters wich you can customise and learn classes and jobs?

I've never played either of the games you mentioned, but I assume they are similar to Fallout Tactics, which is what this game reminds me of.

You have no set "squad", just a pool of chars to choose from. Some levels you can take everyone into, and other levels you have to leave some people behind. And each char levels and progresses along it's class line. You don't get to decide which attributes you gain in each level, the RNG determines that. Every time you reach level 21 that char advances in his/her class. So when your level 20 myrmiddon gets a new level, he/she becomes a lvl 1 swordmaster.

Back