Ragnarok

Link888 said:
I have no idea what ragnarok is could someone tell me all the detils!
often referred to as RO, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game created by GRAVITY Co., Ltd. based on the manhwa Ragnarok by Lee Myung-Jin. It was first released in South Korea on 31 August 2002 for Microsoft Windows and has since been released in many other locales around the world. Much of the game's mythos is based on Norse mythology, but its style has been influenced by Christianity and various Asian cultures as well. The game has spawned an animated series, Ragnarok the Animation, and a sequel game, Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World, is currently in development.

Ragnarok Online uses a combination of isometric sprites and three dimensional graphics in order to present the world of the game. Players are able to select the job, hair color and hair style for each of their characters. Gender also varies from player to player, but all characters on a given account have the same gender due to technical limitations and Gravity policy.[6]

Gravity franchises the game to allow distribution in a variety of locales not directly supported by the company. As of 26 March 2007, official franchises of the game are available in South Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Brazil, Singapore, Russia, India. Service in Oceania was terminated on 2 March 2007, marking the first time a locale has been closed.[7] Two other less country-specific versions of the game exist, European Ragnarok Online serving Germany, Italy, Austria, Turkey, the United Kingdom and Switzerland and International Ragnarok Online serving North America and most countries that do not have their own franchise.

Four servers currently exist in International Ragnarok Online: Chaos, Loki, Iris and the Sakray test server. Other franchises may have fewer or more servers depending on the amount of demand for the game in the country in question. Some franchises include an Urdr server where player-killing is possible outside of towns. While many players of the International franchise have expressed interest in such a server for that franchise,[8] no action has been taken towards that goal as of 25 March 2007

Jobs are one of the most important aspects of Ragnarok Online, as the job a player chooses will have profound implications on his or her strengths and weaknesses, both in a party and outside of one. The job system includes a total of 39 different jobs, divided into 6 categories: Novices, Super Novices, First Job Classes, Second Job Classes, Transcendent Classes and Extended Classes. The list of job classes are as follows:

Swordman
Thief Merchant
Knight Crusader Assassin Rogue Blacksmith Alchemist
Lord Knight Paladin Assassin Cross Stalker Master Smith (Whitesmith) Biochemist (Creator)
Mage Archer Acolyte
Wizard Sage Hunter Dancer/Bard Priest Monk
High Wizard Scholar (Professor) Sniper Gypsy/Minstrel (Clown) High Priest Champion

Extended Classes:

Taekwon Boy/Girl Ninja Gunslinger
Soul Linker Star Gladiator (Taekwon Master) N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

theres way more, but that just a little of it.

Shoko said:
dont worry paintballer. theres secret servers where u can play for as long as u want, for free. just make sure u dont go to the original, main server(s); IRO and KRO

Could you tell me more about how to play free. Could you take me through the steps, this is the site im using http://www.ragnarokonline.com/

Shoko said:
often referred to as RO, is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game created by GRAVITY Co., Ltd. based on the manhwa Ragnarok by Lee Myung-Jin. It was first released in South Korea on 31 August 2002 for Microsoft Windows and has since been released in many other locales around the world. Much of the game's mythos is based on Norse mythology, but its style has been influenced by Christianity and various Asian cultures as well. The game has spawned an animated series, Ragnarok the Animation, and a sequel game, Ragnarok Online 2: The Gate of the World, is currently in development.

Ragnarok Online uses a combination of isometric sprites and three dimensional graphics in order to present the world of the game. Players are able to select the job, hair color and hair style for each of their characters. Gender also varies from player to player, but all characters on a given account have the same gender due to technical limitations and Gravity policy.[6]

Gravity franchises the game to allow distribution in a variety of locales not directly supported by the company. As of 26 March 2007, official franchises of the game are available in South Korea, Japan, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Brazil, Singapore, Russia, India. Service in Oceania was terminated on 2 March 2007, marking the first time a locale has been closed.[7] Two other less country-specific versions of the game exist, European Ragnarok Online serving Germany, Italy, Austria, Turkey, the United Kingdom and Switzerland and International Ragnarok Online serving North America and most countries that do not have their own franchise.

Four servers currently exist in International Ragnarok Online: Chaos, Loki, Iris and the Sakray test server. Other franchises may have fewer or more servers depending on the amount of demand for the game in the country in question. Some franchises include an Urdr server where player-killing is possible outside of towns. While many players of the International franchise have expressed interest in such a server for that franchise,[8] no action has been taken towards that goal as of 25 March 2007

Jobs are one of the most important aspects of Ragnarok Online, as the job a player chooses will have profound implications on his or her strengths and weaknesses, both in a party and outside of one. The job system includes a total of 39 different jobs, divided into 6 categories: Novices, Super Novices, First Job Classes, Second Job Classes, Transcendent Classes and Extended Classes. The list of job classes are as follows:

Swordman
Thief Merchant
Knight Crusader Assassin Rogue Blacksmith Alchemist
Lord Knight Paladin Assassin Cross Stalker Master Smith (Whitesmith) Biochemist (Creator)
Mage Archer Acolyte
Wizard Sage Hunter Dancer/Bard Priest Monk
High Wizard Scholar (Professor) Sniper Gypsy/Minstrel (Clown) High Priest Champion

Extended Classes:

Taekwon Boy/Girl Ninja Gunslinger
Soul Linker Star Gladiator (Taekwon Master) N/A N/A N/A N/A
N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

theres way more, but that just a little of it.

Haha Tae Kwon Do FTW<3

Good times, I used to do tae kwon do so intresting that its in this game:)

paintba||er said:

A- They don't cost that much.
B- All my paintball stuff is cheap. I just have a shitty Tippmann, I buy cheap paintballs, and I use CO2. And I know some rich kid who's dad owns a golf course and turned a little section of the course into a paintball field but his kid doesn't paintball anymore so his dad just lets me and my friends use it. So I only spend about $50 each time I go paintballing.

$50?!

Yeah you're rich. Rich as freaking hell!
----------------------------------------

I'll be trying Ragnarok later(when I get some sleep g'night)

i spend like 70 dollars every time i go....

because i'll be honest sometimes(like if my whole team is gone and im' cornered in this house like stucure) i am scared as ****... and if i don't have many bullets left i just become trigger happy

so in situation as) my trigger happiness prevails and i win
or b) i run out of paintballs so i'm out
or b)

Monsteroids said:
$50?!

Yeah you're rich. Rich as freaking hell!
----------------------------------------

I'll be trying Ragnarok later(when I get some sleep g'night)
Is that a joke? I can't tell.

mushroomed said:
i spend like 70 dollars every time i go....

because i'll be honest sometimes(like if my whole team is gone and im' cornered in this house like stucure) i am scared as ****... and if i don't have many bullets left i just become trigger happy

so in situation as) my trigger happiness prevails and i win
or b) i run out of paintballs so i'm out
or b)
Ya, I'm always trigger happy. My friends always get pissed off because I just sit behind one bunker and unload on anyone that sticks out. They compare me to a sprinkler. I win a large percentage of the time though.

Hmm.. I play War Rock but cos it's down so much I've been looking for another game to play instead, I don't really like the sound of this though =/

well, if u like rpgs, ur without a doubt gonna like ragnarok. it has alot of freedom to it too. u can make guilds and during a certain time, the server ur on has this thing called WOE, or War of Emperium, but some servers call it Guild War. its when guilds raid another guils castle and the other must defend it. this goes on for an average of 2-hours. and theres like 70 castles, maybe more, so u dont have to worry about not having enough

I'd also like to mention Guild Wars...I've played it for the last 2 years, and it seems like it's almost like Ragnarok..

I might write a long review later on, since I'm kinda bored >.>....

EDIT: Meh, to late. Already made a review x.x...

Last edited:
It looks cool, but I'm too cheap to constantly pay for something

Back