Rain Check Program (Dec. 21 ONLY)

wolverine

WiiChat Member
Dec 10, 2007
Guess the deets are out for the raincheck program with Gamestop/EB Games. I'm curious how many rain checks they will be giving.

GameStop has announced a one-day-only Nintendo Wii reservation program for the holidays that will allow buyers to pay for one of the elusive consoles before the New Year and pick it up in January.

On Friday, Dec. 21, a limited number of customers who pay the console's full $249.99 (plus tax) price will receive a Wii-emblazoned DVD case with the message "Happy Holidays! Your Wii is on the Way!" and a guaranteed system by Jan. 25.

Reservations must be made in person at any GameStop or EB Games location, and only one reservation can be made per household. When the reserved Wii console arrives, the gift-giver will receive a telephone call indicating that their system is available for pick-up, GameStop said.

"While many store locations will have Wii in stock for immediate purchase during the holiday season, quantities are limited," the company said in a news release. "As such, GameStop is offering this exclusive reservation program to provide peace of mind to shoppers that may not be able to locate a system in time for the holidays."

Let's see how they keep there promises, one things for sure, Wii won't have ANOTHER big demand next Christmas. My guess is March and any old Average Joe will be able to walk in and get a Wii, I give it six months and we'll see something even better, like a DVD player in the Wii, hard drive, or maybe a mic? One of those things in 2008 at least, IMO.

FLYNNN said:
Let's see how they keep there promises, one things for sure, Wii won't have ANOTHER big demand next Christmas. My guess is March and any old Average Joe will be able to walk in and get a Wii, I give it six months and we'll see something even better, like a DVD player in the Wii, hard drive, or maybe a mic? One of those things in 2008 at least, IMO.

I dunno about that, that's exactly what everyone said last Christmas as well....I could see it going over another 6 to 9 months, so....we'll see I suppose *LOL* If production stays the same, and demand continues as it had, you'll definitely have shortages...

its the 20th and the 21st

whats funny is, i bet Gstop will run out of rainchecks

Back