Raising the Bar

yungblood6

Get Money Dummy
Sep 22, 2007
Kansas City
Wii Online Code
5134-2285-1457-3930
i guess im here to apolagize to the wii chaters on here(not the fanboys) for some of my posts and rants. NO my views on these havent changed and won't till things get better. But i guess i have to say how can third parties make good games when nintendos games just blow them out the water.

Take for instance Medal of honor, yes it has great controlls but lets be honest i think if metroid and this game came out at the same time i could almost garentee that metroid would win even without multiplayer. I still enjoy metroid better than medal of honor, i for one didnt think there was any thing wrong or any thing that needed improving on the controls of that game. Still in my opinion the best fps on the wii.

Then you take Zelda, wii sports, links crossbow, and i realy hate to say it mario party 8. and you have still better games then the best third party game out there. Don't get me wrong RE4 is a great game but other than controls its still the same game it was 3 years ago.(but if you are going to port this is the standard you need to meet)

Then you have Galaxy and the every so hyped and anticipated SSBB. after that wtf can a third party developer do?
I for one have not ever played a ssb game but garnerd from the hype and talk of this game i don't think there is a game that will get that much attention or hype on the wii.

Galaxy Galaxy Galaxy all i can say is wow. I realy think they should have kept this game under the radar a little while longer despite my beliefs that they should make more games i do but this one omg.

Mario galaxy is one of the best games i have played in a long time, coming next will be COD4, God OF War, Fable, Ninja Gaiden. To be honest its going to be real hard for even nintendo to top this one. I don't see a better game coming from nintendo or any other company for a long time.(for the wii maybe gaming period)

If i thought games for the wii were bad now im really going to think they are now. This is the height of the wii's innovation, games have to step it up now. this game has showed what the wii can look like when done right. This game has showed what real fun can be like when a game is done right. This game has showed that dispite most of the views on here that this type of game can entertain and have value to a hardcore gamer. In all its greatness that it is other than ssbb what can raise the bar higher than this? Please don't say wii fit.

I think Nintendo has raised the bar for developing on the wii it may have even raised the bar a little too high for its self.

Don't get mad and throw a fit because after all this is only and will always be just my opinion on the matter. Its not the end of the world and i don't need your negative personal comments.

You've kind of got the reason in this thread why you have nintendo fan boys on this forum since NES. The reason why nintendo destroyed any early compitition was because of game development.

And Nintendo may surprise you yet, they may come out with a game better than galaxy in another year. SSBB will be great, but it's a completely different genre than galaxy.

hmmm. . . Well it's still the third parties fault. . . don't know why they don't want to develop quality games for the Wii.

They prbly think the Wii is too "casual" but in actuality they are making the console casual by not producing enough quality games for it. A bit of a predicament.

I'm looking forward to Monster Hunter 3 and Timesplitters 4 for the Wii though they should be sweet.

I'm actually looking forward to Disaster: Day of Crisis (at least that's what I think its called). I even recall seeing spore coming out on Wii (although I have a pretty good feeling this won't fall into a genre that yungblood will like, no offense). More games will come, it's just a matter of time.

largedarry said:
I'm actually looking forward to Disaster: Day of Crisis (at least that's what I think its called). I even recall seeing spore coming out on Wii (although I have a pretty good feeling this won't fall into a genre that yungblood will like, no offense). More games will come, it's just a matter of time.
yeah they look pretty sweet too.

It's not like the Wii has no good third party games, that point is usually a bit exagerated.

Yungblood isn't saying they have no good 3rd party games, but the fact that all games on the Wii are being compared to games made by Nintendo, which are so much better than any other games.

I wonder how much money Nintendo would make if they developed multi-platform games (I don't want them to do this, but imagine how much more money they would make).

I'm waiting for PES 08. It is actually completely different to the XBOX, PS3, PC versions and Konami are trying to make something revolutionary for the Wii.

lil shade said:
That's cool you have your opinon but, still you need to have played it b4 to really judge.
how do you know i havent played it? there is not too many games that are out on the wii that i havent played unless i just refuse to play. i get free rentals so it makes trying games out real simple.

I'm quite happy with how things are going with the wii - a year in and we're already getting games like Galaxy and MP, I'm excited about the first "proper" online game (MOH:H2 - people in the UK have to wait some more before they get to play this!)

I strongly suspect that the massive popularity of the Wii, the stock shortages over Christmas and even the pure brilliance of Galaxy will come as a huge wake up call to third party developers - even if they just look at numbers, there's an absolutely enormous market for their games if they develop them on Wii - if that's not an incentive to start developing good games, then I don't know what is!

Of course those third party developers are lagging behind as they didn't support the Wii from the start, but they'll catch up hopefully.

Eagles said:
You have a right to your opinion, just post it in a more friendly manner. :)
I thought it was quite a friendly post for Yungblood, hes usually much harsher. :wink:

He has put his point across better too, the third party games range from awful to very good but SMG does indeed put them all to shame somewhat. Capcom are the only ones who seem to consistantly produce good Wii games (and i have a lot of love for Atlus too) but the rest are very hit and miss.

Im sure that Nintendo will bring out more games that match up to the quality of SMG but it might take a while longer for anything by a third party to reach that level.

remember when super mario64 was released, it was revolutionary. i thought it was untoppable but a third party developer..rare.. made banjo kazooie which imo took it to another level. im not saying its better than mario but maybe we can hope for some galaxy lookalikes!

The nintendo systems have had to contend with this problem. They make great games which affect third parties and their strategies for that system.

I agree with Yungblood most of the time. The third parties have put out a lot of subpar games.

FloYdian said:
remember when super mario64 was released, it was revolutionary. i thought it was untoppable but a third party developer..rare.. made banjo kazooie which imo took it to another level. im not saying its better than mario but maybe we can hope for some galaxy lookalikes!
Rare was actually second party as Nintendo owned 49% of the company.

If only third party developers could just copy the Nintendo formula. Even if they copied Capcoms it would be a start, they make original titles, when they port games they do ones that were actually good to start with and can benefit from the switch to the Wii (im really looking forward to Okami) unlike most other developers.

Hopefully the financial opportunities on the Wii combined with the quality of games such as SMG and MP3 will make some developers want to up their quality too and produce something really stunning.

Back