Random Pixels

MatthewH12

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2008
I bought my Wii about a month and a half ago, and i'm using the cheap component cables from monoprice.com. I recently bought Rayman Raving Rabbids 1, and I noticed in the game where you have to feed the rabbit by drawing the shapes of food, that there was a lot of random blocky pixels and I later noticed a few on the Wii Home Screen but it wasn't as bad. So far I haven't noticed any of these random pixels in Mario Party 8 or Super Mario Galaxy and since it seems to be kind of random I'm hoping I won't have to get the Wii Fixed (it's addicting!) but I'm not sure. The Wii sits inside an enclosed entertainment center, but it has a good foot of empty space behind it.

Any idea what the problem is?

P.S. I did a search, but the old thread linked to another thread @ nintendo.com that has since been deleted.
--Matt

the price won't affect the qulity of the cable unless you're stretching beyond 6 feet... how long is your cable?

the pixels are always at a different location? :)

It's the standard cable, idk what length, it seemed to always be around the same area in Rayman.

Green pixels = bad Wii

Search the other threads. There are many talking about it.

I blame Resident Evil.

yea I'm having the same problem except now I see them in some games like Mario. I especially see em on the homepage or w/e youd call it.

Yeah typically once the "green pixels of death" start appearing, they surface in all games and get more and more prevalent. Just a matter of how long you're willing to put up with them before you get your Wii fixed.

Don't wait until your warranty lapses.

Some are green, otheres are grey/color of background. The weird thing is I was playing WiiSports bowling, and they appeared during the close-up replay, but not during any other scene. I just purchased the Wii in January so the warranty's not an issue, Any idea what causes this though?

Last edited:
just call customer support and theyll send you a Fed Ex stamp print off for you to ship it to them and theyll explain what to do. You have a month to ship it even after the send you the stamp. So im not shipping mine until i get a lil tired of brawl (if that's possible)

EDIT: its caused by your wii getting to hot (in standby mode?) and frying the GPU. or something like that

Back