Rare games MAY be available on VC

FastJunkie

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
Well since the vc is close to being hacked and the wii uses emulation to play old games, I believe that you could modify a ROM so the Wii could run it. Apparently the games are locked to your console so when that is hacked i see no reason why Banjo, Goldeneye, Killer Instinct and JFG can't be played. I really can't wait till vc is hacked :)

I highly doubt Nintendo used the same type of rom files that people use for emulators. So if it were hacked, then the games would need to be redone to work with the Wii.

cant wait for OoT to be hacked

seems to me hacking would be alot of trouble cuz for 1. the vc games have the manual and instructions programmed into it, and also programmed to function with the wii-mote home button. that just seems un-realistic to me.

It also seems wrong to me....but hey do what you want to do. All I know is that I'd rather wait for the VC to release Rare games rather than steal them.

Major Tom said:
Nintendo already countered the mod chips. The'll counter this too.
Someone somewhere will find a way to counter Nintendo's counters and it will just escalate between Nintendo and Console Hackers, never stopping so no one can really say who will end up on top.
I think Nintendo's VC will be cracked and re-cracked if Nintendo tries to counter it no matter what but am just guessing(by looking back on the Xbox and it's console hacking) that the VC Console Hackers will have it their way most of the time.

kamn said:
Someone somewhere will find a way to counter Nintendo's counters and it will just escalate between Nintendo and Console Hackers, never stopping so no one can really say who will end up on top.
I think Nintendo's VC will be cracked and re-cracked if Nintendo tries to counter it no matter what but am just guessing(by looking back on the Xbox and it's console hacking) that the VC Console Hackers will have it their way most of the time.
yes but nintendo can just keep releasing sys updates and keep blocking the mods

FastJunkie said:
I'm sure that wouldn't be too much of a problem
If thats not too much of a problem for you then go for it. For me, ripping a game then editing the code so that it works with the Wii emulator for which the code isn't even released is very difficult to impossible. I doubt that will ever happen.

FastJunkie said:
Well since the vc is close to being hacked and the wii uses emulation to play old games, I believe that you could modify a ROM so the Wii could run it. Apparently the games are locked to your console so when that is hacked i see no reason why Banjo, Goldeneye, Killer Instinct and JFG can't be played. I really can't wait till vc is hacked :)

They will just release an update that disables the loophole.

miiplaywii said:
If thats not too much of a problem for you then go for it. For me, ripping a game then editing the code so that it works with the Wii emulator for which the code isn't even released is very difficult to impossible. I doubt that will ever happen.

Apparently the emulator is packaged with each VC title. Of course, it'd still require A) ripping the emulator from a VC file and B) reverse engineering it to work with other ROMs.

On top of that, you'd have to package the ROMs in the right format...plus it's entirely likely the VC games are encrypted using some public/private key crypto like RSA, in which case we don't have Nintendo's private key so a hole would have to be found (like with the dude that cracked HD-DVD).

It's a lot of work to pirate something. This time could be better spent...dirty pirates.

playing roms on the wii has been done.. its using the gc method.. its pretty simple.. its been done for 2 months now and nintendo has done nothing about it. hacking the vc is useless. do a search.. homebrew for the win!!!!

Okay, didn't read the ENTIRE thing once again, but are some of you seriously thinking that you're genious's or something? "OH, bla blah blah I can hack this thatt and the other thing" You people are idiots. It's great that roms can be tampered with, guess what, you're not and will never be as smart as the ENTIRE nintendo crew. Sorry to burst yer bubble, but if you want illegal downloads you can't put them on the wii. No, you're not so special you can get around this, no you are not Dade Murphy from that silly interesting and fictional movie called "HACKERS". If you honestly think you can be them then be my guest, I hope you waste plenty of time TRYING to get around their team of EXPERTS while I enjoy playing my Wii! Sucks that you buy a Wii and hardly use it just to try and get around the impossible. Play illegal(crappy and unstable) games on something else because the Wii is not designed for you. Sell your system to someone who wont screw with it and ruin it for something absolutely absurd.:lol: Believe me there are people out there who WONT let it collect dust............:ciappa:

-Marcus

Back