Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Reviews

-SnowHawk-

WiiChat Member
Oct 31, 2009
Tampa Florida
Now to get started of i played every single ratchet game and while "Up your Arsenal" in my opinion is my favorite this is the "BEST"!

Ratchet and clank Future a Crack in time continues from where Quest for Booty left off, and will follow Ratchet continuing his search for Clank, who was kidnapped by the mysterious Zoni at the end of Tools of Destruction. In Quest for Booty, Ratchet discovers that Clank's kidnapping was engineered by Doctor Nefarious, the main antagonist of Up Your Arsenal, and sets out to rescue him. Meanwhile, Clank escapes from Dr. Nafarious's and becomes the caretaker of the Great Clock, a device at the center of the universe that keeps track of time and repairs temporal damage.

A Crack in Time features gameplay mechanics new to the Ratchet & Clank series. One such mechanic involves a staff that Clank carries, which can slow time in the area when it is used.[9] By using special "time pods", Clank can also record up to a minute of his actions and then a holographic Clank replays them, while the real Clank does something else. Up to four copies of Clank can be recorded at a time. These holographic Clanks can help to solve puzzles and defeat enemies.[10] In addition to gadgets like the swingshot and magnet boots from previous games, Ratchet has a pair of hoverboots, allowing him to move more quickly around planets. Ratchet can also fly his ship freely through space, going to small planets to complete optional challenges, earning special items in the process.

The game's weapons fall into three main categories shotgun, rocket, and machine gun.Specific weapons include the Sonic Eruptor, Tesla Spikes, and Dynamo of Doom. Tho you well have a been there done that feeling if you have played a lot of the ratchet games but to be honest, with the new gameplay twists i didn't have that feeling often. Though Some people might have different feelings about this.

But for a fact there is nothing like this series before A platformer/action adventure/shooter with a bunch of quirky elements and the setting/characters isn't something you would usually see in a typical video game so for that being said i don't think the formula is getting old yet Insomaniac is always adding new elements to make the experience better and better!

Sound for ratchet series has always been great So You Know what to expect from a series like this also Some excellent voice work complements an appropriately themed soundtrack. Radio stations that play during space exploration are sweet.

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time is a very pretty game with a nice art style. Now it's not anything Amazing that well Be Mind blowing but what it has to offer is Certainty Eye Candy.

Now it's another edition to the series another year BUT theirs always new additions and they have really executed everything what makes this series great in this one package this is a great game to play over the holidays and a must buy for fans of the series or fans of tool of destruction. Though If you are new to the series the story wont make to much sense since this series is quite large so don't expect them to explain the whole story in this one game.

OVERALL 9.5/10 AMAZING!!

Back