Rate Red Steel

Silent-Sniper said:
Wow all these kids crying over the controls, there is nothing wrong with them, geez.
Exactly, you point you shoot. You wanna look left you point left. Whats the problem! It feels just exactly how I thought it would. People need to start adapting because these games wont aim them selfs.

Baseballin22 said:
hey can anyone tell me why my internet on the WII will not work it says its found my server thingy but im still getting a error and its makin me very mad?????

The wii won't have an an internet browser until this Friday.

SINGLEPLAYER: 8.0 MULTIPLAYER: 4.0
It has a steep learning curve. But once you overcome this initial dufficulty, the title can really immerse you unlike other FPSs. Problems? Graphics arent that great, framerate seems to drop a bit too, Singleplayer seems too short (easy?), and Multiplayer doesnt have anywhere near enough options/levels, Ive played three 2player matches, and one 4 player 'mission' match. And that was enough, so I went straight back to Singleplayer.

D Twizzle said:
Exactly, you point you shoot. You wanna look left you point left. Whats the problem! It feels just exactly how I thought it would. People need to start adapting because these games wont aim them selfs.
it actually does aim itself slightly lol
there's a little bit of auto aim

7 out of 10 but I've gotta get into the debate of the controls per se;

Originally Posted by Silent-Sniper
Wow all these kids crying over the controls, there is nothing wrong with them, geez

I completely agree - they are buggy but you can't have played it and deny the fact BUT come-on this is launch day title of a machine that manages to bring something not seen before in gaming - immersion and player interaction from the start. I've gamed for 20 years and owned many systems and the closest I've ever seen to this is (very loose-ly I know) is Virtua Cop on the Saturn.

I read all the Gamespot and IGN reviews etc... but decided that this should be somewhere near to showcasing the Wiimotes level of uniqueness - I was right, I'm not a FPS fan at all (I won't be buying Zelda) but this game is pretty good for a showcase launch title - it's control system is excellent and does a pretty good job of getting you a lot more involved that a joypad - I can't wait to see Resident Evil for example.

I would recommend Redsteel for sure as an early example of a decent game but a good enjoyable example of what's to come with the Wii. Spot on.

---

Rolex - Mii#: 6825-6610-9310-1313

It's awesome when everything works.. like sometimes it turns super slow and you have someone shooting at you so you can't really react immediately. But that doesn't happen often.

The controls really do put you in the game. It's so fun actually aiming and pressing a trigger to shoot, and pushing in the controller to zoom is just brilliant.

Graphics are fine.. the gameplay makes up for any shortcomings graphic wise. You get so into the game that you don't even care about graphics.

I honestly do not understand all the bad reviews... did these reviewers actually spend more than a half hour with this game? It takes a good half hour to actually understand the controls because they're completely new. It's amazingly fun after you get the hang of it.

I recommend it. Just don't give up right away.. It WILL get frustrating at first but when you overcome that you'll have a blast.

The controls yea u get used to but i get bored of it with the WORST voice acting in a game. Its so bad the voice acting in ZELDA TP is better. And i jus get tired of it and turn it off.

I love the game

9/10, its a fun & enjoyable game. Just look to Red Steel as being an intro for other fps games. Metroid Prime will be the true acid test.

I'd give it a 9/10. It's a really good game and has good gameplay. Multiplayer mode is really fun :D. It's deffinitly the perfect game if you're into shooting games.

i would give the single player mode a 8.5. its very good. It was the first game on the wii i played on christmas day and i loved it. I cant stop playing it. I tried the multiplayer today and i wasnt happy with is at all. A 4/10.
But a very good story line and gamee.

I personally dont own the game, but just the fact that it uses a new control scheme would be why I would buy it. Call of Duty 3 for examply, I paid no attention to the story line or what exactly my next objective was, I was just having plain fun with it being so immersive with the new controls.

And multiplayer, im not expecting anything great, it looks like goldeneye, but nothing can beat that xD

I give the game 8/10 the control is awesome... kinda mad at the beginning because of the controllers.... after 1 hr u can get use to it.... nice game

Back