Rattling noise inside Wii Console

Jackinsdecision

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2007
Haven't played my Wii yet, but when I took it out of the box, I noticed that as I was looking at it and tilting it around, I noticed small clicking sounds coming from inside. Anyone that's familiar with the internal hardware know where these small noises are coming from. Just was curious about it, and wondering if anyone else has noticed this (to check, all I am doing is lightly turning it around and over, and maybe gently shaking it to localize the sound). I'm talking about just the console, with nothing attached, not plugged in, and not running. Just the sounds the hardware inside makes as the console itself is handled. Interested to hear what's said.

hmmmm....well when I shook my Nintendo Wii after it FELL there wasnt any rattling sound at all! Do you have an SD or GC memory card in at all....are u sure!
I think you may want to call Nintendo because I think there could be something loose....but lets hope not!

I just talked to Nintendo, the guy I spoke with said that it shouldn't be a problem, that I'm just hearing some piece of hardware moving around slightly inside the case. The spot where I am hearing it is the corner of the unit that makes a 45 degree angle (unlike the other 3 corners) where it looks like the cooling fans are located, so, it probably has something to do with them. So, yeah, that's what I found out.

Jackinsdecision said:
I just talked to Nintendo, the guy I spoke with said that it shouldn't be a problem, that I'm just hearing some piece of hardware moving around slightly inside the case. The spot where I am hearing it is the corner of the unit that makes a 45 degree angle (unlike the other 3 corners) where it looks like the cooling fans are located, so, it probably has something to do with them. So, yeah, that's what I found out.

A peice of hardware moving in the console....uh shouldt that be a problem! I would just return it...if you can get another one....but if u cant just wait till something breaks for nintendo to fix it....but enjoy your wii man, there a lot of fun!

Mabey you did something? I was extreamly careful with my glorious Wii, I even used gloves LOL!, till i reilized that the Wii is not as sensitive as i thought. Try calling nintendo, go to nintendo.com/customer servise. You can call them right now and they awnser all your questions perfectly. Nintendo customer satisfaction numero uno!

Um, it's not like I put my Wii in a rock tumbler, I simply changed it's position from vertical to horizontal when I noticed the noise.

dude! don't shake the Wii again!! you'll get the little elves working inside it dizzy!!

Back