Rayman or Super Monkey ball

na34

WiiChat Member
Jun 16, 2007
I am buying a game for a five year old and i don't know which one would be better.

Rayman.

Or possibly Wario Ware or Mario Party 8, but I haven't played either of those.

I have both and I think Rayman is miles better, but I would get Mario Party 8 above both of them.

I luv Raving Rabbids! Its funny, but appropriate, easy to pick up and play, and it has quite a lot of replay value(especially if you're doing multiplayer).

i think the fps game on monkey ball has a better feel than most, if not all, of the fps out for the wii right now

also like the darts, and some of the shooting ones. monkey target is fun too.

although i did end up sellin this one....:scared:

heard nothin but good things about rayman, although i don't have it.

Would a 5 year old be able to play it though? That is the most important thing for me. Is it as easy as super monkey ball?

Rabbids would be blast for a 5 yr old to watch someone play, dunno about a 5 yr old actually being able to play it though. The basic mechanics of most of the minigames are easy (shooting, bathroom doors, pulling worms from teeth), but IMO the increasing difficulty as you play the minigame may just render a 5 yr old watching the game end. There are some minigames that a 5 yr old would mostly likely be totally lost from the beginning (music/dancing one, some skills games).

I think Elebits would be kinda fun for young kids. I don't have it, but played the GC version of Cars and it seems fun...mixed reviews of the Wii version though.

edit: I had the GC version of monkey ball and the main game (rolling the ball through obstacles) became a PITA after a while. The mini-games are lots of fun, even for kids, but the main game may be a bit much for a 5 yr old. Then again when I was 5 yrs old the latest and greatest was the Atari 2600 tank game. My dad tried to play with me, but I very often got blasted to bits, lol.

Last edited:
Well she is able to play some of the games for super monkey ball? Would there be at least like 10 games she would be able to play? Also in Rayman can you choose the games that you want to play? Like does it just list all the games and you choose?

For Rabbids whatever mini-game you finish is available in the multiplayer mode. Once you get about halfway through the game, the second half of mini-games are for the most part the same as the first half, just a more difficult version (e.g. bathroom doors v2 has an additional obstacle). Like most mini-game games you would have to finish the game to unlock all of the mini-games.

Last edited:
ok so can she can play the mini games?

My 5 year old has Rayman and Mario Party 8 - Hands down for Mario Party 8 (same with her 8 year old sister) - My 8 year does like Rayman but both of them constantly want to play Mario Party 8.

Im not sure if she will like it because she finds doing stuff that is motions sensored much easier. Buttons are harder for her. Thats why I am thinking between Rayman and Super Monkey Ball. She has only tried Super Monkey Ball though. I wanted to know if she would be able to play Raymna becuase its looks like more fun of a game.

Back