Re-arranging Wiimote orders on the console

ninja from pond

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
So, I finally got a new second Wiimote, and was hoping to set that one as the default Player 1.

I tried removing the batteries on Player 1, and trying to get #2 to go. Nothing.

Any help?

ninja from pond said:
So, I finally got a new second Wiimote, and was hoping to set that one as the default Player 1.

I tried removing the batteries on Player 1, and trying to get #2 to go. Nothing.

Any help?

I just turn on my wii with any wiimote and it becomes 1

ninja from pond said:
Damn. Mine doesn't.
well then just open up yer wii menu then hit the home button and go to remote settings, click reconnect and do the 1&2 thing and bang there ya go

as for the just starting it with the controller you want, have you synced it in yet?

Yeah. It syncs up with both. It just won't let me re-arrange the order.

Basically, the first one is always sync'd and if I want to sync the second one for Wii Sports, I have to go to the controller menu in the game.

ninja from pond said:
Yeah. It syncs up with both. It just won't let me re-arrange the order.

Basically, the first one is always sync'd and if I want to sync the second one for Wii Sports, I have to go to the controller menu in the game.

yeah thats about it, and I noticed when I do the reconnect during wiisports, I have to reset the game to confirm the change, otherwise all it will do is just change the led lights on the wiimote, but not position in game

Actually, they're not.

After weeks of everyone using the original controller non-stop, you'll notice what a brand new one feels like beside it.

Actually, a huge problem would occur, if say... after a really heated battle in Golf, an opponent leaves the house with said Player 1 controller...

Technically, I can't play anything without the main one if I lost it.

Alright, so I tried it all, and eventually was able to sync up the new controller as #1, and vice versa.

Problem is that it won't stay as the default #1 controller. Even if I take the batteries out of the other. If I reset or hit the power button, it just fails and wants to be re-sync'd again.

Anybody else experience this problem?

Easy turn on your Wii with the controller you want as controller 1, don't hit the A button, instead hit the 1 button. Wallah!

ninja from pond said:
Actually, they're not.

After weeks of everyone using the original controller non-stop, you'll notice what a brand new one feels like beside it.
moist-towellete:O

Back