RE:DC graphics match RE5 quality!!

stickmode

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2009
Hello, yesterday at TGS, Capcom shows the new level of RE:DC located in South America, with the intro of Krauser and Leon.
This level is near exactly the South African level of RE5, and shows the true Wii's graphics horsepower under the hood. Today RE:DC is undoubtably the best looking game on the Wii.
This demonstrates; is not the hardware fault, is the developer fault. Becose the power is there, is just the developers must put enough effort to unleash it!!
Here is the videos and screenshoots:

[video=youtube;PcDNTxYijn0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDNTxYijn0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcDNTxYijn0[/video]

High quality:

[video=youtube;XNeI326CpJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNeI326CpJ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNeI326CpJ0[/video]

Screenshoots:

darksidechronicles092409image5.jpg

darksidechronicles092409image6.jpg

darksidechronicles092409image3.jpg

darksidechronicles092409image2.jpg

RE5 screenshoots:

resident-evil-5-versus-mode.jpg

re5.jpg

resident-evil-5-pc.jpg

RE5_PC_benchmark-thumb-550x309-20889.jpg

There's some people around the net (specially Wii haters) saying every nonsense to try to piss this game like: there a few zombies at once or the frame rate has a hit with these graphics, trying to justify the superior quality of RE5 xbox360/ps3 versions. My response to these people (xbox360/ps3 owners), this game is a proof that the Wii can match the next-gen graphics, if you don't see them you're completely blind, the Wii can output more zombies at once; if not remember the High Voltage's tech on "The Grinder ", capable to put dozens of enemies at once. The framerate is very fluid, check on other sites the same video and you can see there's no low framerate.

You need your eyes fixing
The RE5 shots look a lot better than the RE DC ones

Theres alos only about 4 zomibes on screen on the Wii game where as theres bloody loads of them on RE5

I said it before to you and I say it again
You need to learn more about tech based things as you sound like one of those guys that I hear in Game

This demonstrates; is not the hardware fault, is the developer fault.
Yeah because Capcom are one of the most lazy pulsihers

It's a rail-shooter game. This means that the environments can be completely pre-rendered since you it follows a set path through the environment. You don't have full freedom to go anywhere you want so you don't have to render environments on the fly based on what the player does. It could even be actual video. In fact, Raving Rabbids 2 has rail shooter segments that use actual video backgrounds (I found a short sample here [video=youtube;ITBCGtiE9Xk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITBCGtiE9Xk[/video] ). But that doesn't mean that the Wii is capable of generating photo-realistic graphics, it's pre-done.

And no matter what fancy tricks they use to make the graphics look good, the plain fact is that the resolution of the PS3 and 360 is higher than the Wii.

But that doesn't mean that you can't have a great looking Wii game, and this one does look very good, for a Wii game.

Last edited:
While RE: DC does look very purdy (I'm planning to get it myself), it doesn't match up to the graphics of Resident Evil 5. It's an impressive sight nonetheless, but not on par. I can see though that if Resi Evil 5 did come to the Wii, it wouldn't be downgraded nearly as much as people expected it to be.

As for the grinder comment, High Voltage use a technique whereby they replicate the same model on screen, adjusting things like size and colour ever so slightly. This means they can have minimal model loading, but have many of the same enemy on screen. I don't think Resident Evil could pull that trick off, since the zombies are all distinctively human, with different clothes (though I dare say they could randomly generate bits of the body rotting away).

Sigh, would it really be that hard to make another re4 game for wii?
Instead of this on rails crap.

I will respond other questions here:

Yes, I think that Capcom trying to do is experimenting, try to find the way to obtain the best graphics on the Wii, first with rail-shooters and them porting RE5 to the Wii. I'm sure this will happen and I hope that Cavia will do the job.
The resolution doesn't matter here, becose the xbox360 real resolution is 520p instead the 720p, that is only 40 lines of resolution more than the Wii's 480p. I was experimenting and compared a xbox360 game with a Wii game using my upscaler to 720p and frankly I don't see much difference in terms of resolution. The resolution makes slinghtly more crisp and clear the textures and looks brighter for some opaque games. But using some filters on the Wii, Cavia made RE:DC more crisp and clear than the others RE games on the console, this is a good step foward.
Using Pre-rendered textures is a good technique and allows a system with weak graphics match or emulate the graphics of a powerfull system and this matters, becose in the end this effect works and the illusion of next-gen graphics is well done. For example, if you find someone that is a xbox360 or a ps3 owner that unknows the RE games and tell him that this is a xbox360 or a ps3 game, he of course believe it. Remember when Nintendo launches DKC for the SNES, everybody believe this was a 64Bits game and not a 16Bits SNES game, thanks to this graphics effect. If somebody offers two consoles; the first with a powerfull hardware and the second a weak hardware, but with some tricks it can emulate the graphics of the first at lower price. Of course I will choose the second console.
The people that say this game is looking good with the phrase "for a Wii game" are wrong, this game is looking good for every console right now, it's just a stupid excuse to not accept the true (specially the Wii haters trying to defend their HD consoles without justifications). But I will tell you, is good in every console becose there's some games on the xbox360 and the ps3 that look worse compared with this game. And soon I will metion some of these games.

Last edited:
ok, don't take this wrong but, you're the one whos blind.
yes this game looks great(best so far on the wii) but the 360/PS3 just have better graphics. i have a Wii and a PS3. i've done the little upscaler trick for the Wii and still the PS3 looked better. if you can't notice it then you're blind. you just need to accept this fact: The Wii is great, but the PS3/360 are better.

ok, don't take this wrong but, you're the one whos blind.
yes this game looks great(best so far on the wii) but the 360/PS3 just have better graphics. i have a Wii and a PS3. i've done the little upscaler trick for the Wii and still the PS3 looked better. if you can't notice it then you're blind. you just need to accept this fact: The Wii is great, but the PS3/360 are better.

Really?
If you ask me, I know all about graphics!!
I have a high-end PC and this system run the best looking games, far better than any ps3 or xbox360 game (My PC runs Crisis at 2048x1536 resolution). Allways I trying to obtain the best my PC can do, also I have the dolphin Wii emulator for the PC and the LG DVD-ROM drive that recognises the Wii and GC game disk, I played the best looking Wii games on my PC with maximum level of resolution and detail and I compared it using my Wii with the upscaler. If you know these screenshoots are from the PC version and not the ps3 version. Why?..Right now I have RE5 PC game installed, I compared it with the RE games on the Wii and the GC. I dicovered that there's a slightly difference in the graphics of the PC and the Wii games runing in high quality settings on the emulator, becose the emulator allows to add great shader effects like bump-mapping, lighting&Shadows and high level (24X) antialiasing. The results are that Wii games look like high quality PC games, them comparing it on my Wii&upscaler apart the deailed textures and the antialiasing the difference is minimum. I imagine how great this game will looks on the emulator, this is a proof that the Wii games can be improved, I think if Nintendo launch an official upscaler and make the lastest games compatible, this would be a huge difference and a great step foward. I don't have a video camera to prove this, but when I purchase one I will show all members of this forum what I tried to explain with detail to understand me. Believe me...
Responding to your question: Yes, xbox360 or ps3 looks better, but by a slightly difference and at the end no matters, becose you obtain far better controls.
From this point of view , the Wii is on par!!

Here are more videos of the level:

http://cdn-static.viddler.com/flash/publisher.swf?key=f58f0340

http://cdn-static.viddler.com/flash/publisher.swf?key=1b3fde5b

If you listen carefully the voices in the background, you listen someone wonder. He believed it's a xbox360 and not a Wii game.

And this is from RE5 Director's Cut, start at minute 2:50...

[video=youtube;NgDV48JbYXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgDV48JbYXw&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgDV48JbYXw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Obiously, I tried to compare the Wii and the PC becose, the PC version looks far better than the ps3/xbox360 versions.

Last edited:
Yes, Xbox360/ps3 looks better, but by a slightly difference and at the end no matters, becose you obtain far better controls.

Until Project Natal comes out

I don't think so!!

Or you want to look ridiculous like these crazy people in front of your TV with these stupid gestures?
Ha, ha!!

I never want to pass these shame!!

Also, sorry my friend Dprinny, but you're blind too. Becose you don't recognize my trick and you think these RE5 screenshoots are from xbox360/ps3 and not from PC.

Yes, Xbox360/ps3 looks better, but by a slightly difference and at the end no matters, becose you obtain far better controls.

I don't think so!!

Or you want to look ridiculous like these crazy people in front of your TV with these stupid gestures?
Ha, ha!!
To be fair, people were saying the exact same thing about Wii controls.

I'm looking forward to what they show about Natal. In the end, it'll either be very good and worth doing, or really bad and people will ignore it. Same with the PS3 motion controls (which I see as a bigger threat to Nintendo than Natal).

I don't think so!!

Ha, ha!!

I never want to pass these shame!!

Also, sorry my friend Dprinny, but you're blind too. Becose you don't recognize my trick and you think these RE5 screenshoots are from xbox360/ps3 and not from PC.
Part of what I was gonna say is said in this post quoted bellow
They said the Wii wont catch on and its controllers are silly.

You really don't know that much about how things work do you?
If I was blind it would probably save me from reading your idiotic comments

I'm looking forward to what they show about Natal. In the end, it'll either be very good and worth doing, or really bad and people will ignore it. Same with the PS3 motion controls (which I see as a bigger threat to Nintendo than Natal).

I don't think so!!

Ha, ha!!

Nope, becose with the Wiimote you can simulate them, Sony knows that. That's is why Sony selects a motion control instead nothing.
For example, if your parents see you doing these gestures with the Wiimote, they think he's playing a video game, but contrary if they see you doing these gestures only with your hands, they think OMG my son is crazy and they don't believe that you're playing a game and the same would happen with the PC if Microsoft tries to adapt Natal to the PC.

I think the true treat is to Microsoft, trying to convince his customers that these gestures don't look ridiculous only with the hands. About the Sony motion controls, The Wiimotion controls and motion+ are slightly better, becose the Sony Wand doesn't has enough buttons. If you see the previous RE5 video, you see the gamer using the sintaxis controller along the Wand for specific functions instead only the Wand. The Sony controller has an advantage using the eyetoy camera to include your movements on the screen, but Nintendo can overtake that if they launch a camera too or using the current camera that's coming with the Ubisoft's fitness game to do the same.

Here's the video of "Your Shape"

[video=youtube;0k4lnVC35pg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4lnVC35pg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4lnVC35pg[/video]

I will buy this game only for the camera and I hope future Wii games will support that!!

Last edited:
Back