RE4: First Level

Warrior

WiiChat Member
Jun 11, 2007
Ok i just bought RE$ for wii a few hours ago. i started playing about 30 mins ago, and ive got through the first part, where you have to make your way to the village. Now im stuck.

Theres at least 20 zombies, and i only have 26 bullets. Im finding the controls a bit wierd...but im doing ok. But whn i run out of ammo, im F'd.

1 zombie needs at least 2-3 shots to kill. i picked up all the Ammo i could find on the way...and all the zombies in the village drop is money, no ammo.

So, could anyone give me any help? Either on finding ammo, or having a better stratergy? Thanks in advance.

Look everywhere possible for ammo. If theres a draw, cupboard etc theres a chance theres something useful inside. 3 shots sounds about right. You can get away with 2 sometimes if you manage to floor them with 1 then shoot their head when they are down. If you run out of bullits you can resort to the knife. Eventually the bell goes and they all go to the church, leaving you to have a good look around. Also I went left at the track and not straight in to it all.

Last edited:
aim for the head
and if u die, ull restart and the zombies might drop ammo (because the zombies drop randomly, its not always money)

Yeah, shoot as many as you can first, second use a grenade or 2 if you have some I remember having some at that part, lastly resort to your knife.
Also here is a strategy I used, shoot them in the legs, then kick them when they are down, they will fly back and knock over other people. Also eventually their heads will explode after a few kicks. Good luck :)

I just got Re4 about a month ago. It's the first time I've ever played a RE game. The controls were weird espsecially after playing Godfather BE for a while. Anyway if you're in the part where u first get into the village and then look through your binoculars, that took me a couple tries. Just make sure throughout the whole game that u conserve ammo. If ur against one guy just shoot him in the head, then kick, then finish with ur knife. Or with lots of guys shoot one in the head and while they're bunched up kick and you'll kick all of them. Try doing different things to get different cutscenes and stuff. Just remember that u can skip some parts of the game if you don't go to the right places. Hint-find the SHOTGUN in village

thanks guys, alot of help very fast :D im gonna go and see if i can get past the bastards now. Thanks.

EDIT: Was about to kill the last one, when the bells rang and they all went to church haha. Now im gonna head on to the next ares, thanks agin.

Last edited:
ooo man wat u thinking?
shoot the closest Ganado in the head so that he staggers, and run up to his and press 'A' to kick him and the Ganados behind thats how u save ammo. the alternative is aim for the kneecap and low-kick him, but the head is an easier target. once enough ganados are down, slash the whole 'lot of them! ^_^
always aim for headshot, and use the shotgun for three or more ganados grouped together-again, at their heads. if u pick up excess handgun ammo, use them on the chainsawer
you can get by on picking ammo as u go-im just sorta perfectionist when it comes to this game ;)

Just remember your knife is your friend, use it often, not just in times where your ammo is completely gone. Take down your foes with shots to the head or knees and a swift "A" kick, then get slashing. If your really trying to save on ammo the knife can be used to stun the enemy long enough to deliver a kick sometimes...this is only recomended if you can get pretty fast with manual aiming mind as they stumble more after a head slash.

Also a good way to get a little bit of ammo is to upgrade your ammo limit on your firearms via the merchant...you'll only get 3-5 extra bullets usually but every bullet matters.

yeah, come up to a weapon-wielding ganado and when he swings at you, walk backwards. he'll stumble forth and when he regains his posture, slash him in the head.
you can do this w/ a ganado w/o a weapon, but he'll keep running at you with his arms.
its nice to do this in a crowd, but its safer when one-on-one or 1-2.

you'll need to learn how to conserve ammo especially when your faced with an onslaught of villagers. I've got to the next stage (in the castle) and at the point where you have to hoist the presidents daughter up to a higher level so she can operate a winch and you have to cover her back while monks are trying to kill the both of ya...any tips on this? is there somewhere i can stand without having to watch my own back?

Stallyon said:
you'll need to learn how to conserve ammo especially when your faced with an onslaught of villagers. I've got to the next stage (in the castle) and at the point where you have to hoist the presidents daughter up to a higher level so she can operate a winch and you have to cover her back while monks are trying to kill the both of ya...any tips on this? is there somewhere i can stand without having to watch my own back?

Make sure you have the new rifle, as the aim remains on after shooting and it's more powerful. Shoot the guys on the platform with Ashley first, even if it means you take a hit or two (you can get a couple before they get to Ashley) Stand with your back to the wall so you can see ashley in front.
If they get her, aim for the guys legs, you'll only need one shot and they're dead.
And beware, she has to run to the other side to do the other winch, so change sides as they'll attack her from there too.
Nice to be able to pay back the advice Stayllon. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Im sorta past the problems now, take any questions to chachs official RE$ tip/questions thread. let this one die lol.

Back