RE4. Who Got It?

Im picking this up in about 2 hours, and yes the graphics have been upgraded. And now with 45% more blood! :D

93887720070619screen001ac3.jpg

gameplay might, just might be good. But its another ps2 quality FPS. This isnt Resident evil people. If it aint broke, dont fix it. The original RE platform worked, why turn it into this.

r0yv2.jpg

3413re1hl3.jpg

^gamecube version of SAME GAME.

Congrats, you are paying for the Game cube version. The graphics are the same, the perspective is the same. Sigh, this is what happens when companies milk you for your money and you dont even know it.

In fact It looks the SAME as the PS2 version of the game. Thats right, the PS2 came out with the SAME GAME, in 2005. AND IT LOOKS THE SAME!!!

screen3largewv0.jpg

^isnt the wii awsome......................... actually that the PS2 shot of the game you are wanting for the wii. Again it was out in 2004 in japan, 2005 in america. The wii is the PS2 with a wiimote. As long as you accept it, its all good.

Sadly, the people that matter, the PC crowd gave it a low review. Becuase it was made for old school consoles. Hey it might be a good game, but it was released in 2005 PEOPLE. Why get excited about a game that was realeased almost three years ago. I just dont get it.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
Why get excited about a game that was realeased almost three years ago. I just dont get it.
Why were/are some people excited for Halo 2 on the PC?

Fair boosts in general aspects, some people havn't played it, new controll scheme.

Shiftfallout said:

gameplay might, just might be good. But its another ps2 quality FPS. This isnt Resident evil people. If it aint broke, dont fix it. The original RE platform worked, why turn it into this.

re4chainsawscreen001gl6.jpg

Congrats, you are paying for the Game cube version. The graphics are the same, the perspective is the same. Sigh, this is what happens when companies milk you for your money and you dont even know it.

In fact It looks the SAME as the PS2 version of the game. Thats right, the PS2 came out with the SAME GAME, in 2005. AND IT LOOKS THE SAME!!!

Sadly, the people that matter, the PC crowd gave it a low review. Becuase it was made for old school consoles. Hey it might be a good game, but it was released in 2005 PEOPLE. Why get excited about a game that was realeased almost three years ago. I just dont get it.

i can tell you why im excited about a game that came out 3 years ago... because ive never played it before... not on ps2 nor GC. so thats why im hyped about it... but if i played it before id never buy it...

and who cares if people want to blow money on games they have played before dosent affect you none.

i have it for the gc but im still going to get it for the wii because
1)the controller
2)the new ps2 items
3)only $30
4)the game is great

Shiftfallout said:

r0yv2.jpg

3413re1hl3.jpg

^gamecube version of SAME GAME.

screen3largewv0.jpg

^isnt the wii awsome......................... actually that the PS2 shot of the game you are wanting for the wii. Again it was out in 2004 in japan, 2005 in america. The wii is the PS2 with a wiimote. As long as you accept it, its all good.

JeremyGTS said:
i can tell you why im excited about a game that came out 3 years ago... because ive never played it before... not on ps2 nor GC. so thats why im hyped about it... but if i played it before id never buy it...

and who cares if people want to blow money on games they have played before dosent affect you none.

I tried using gamespots image but they put the chainsaw in its place. Sadly the game cube actually looked better than the Wii with RE4. The PS2 had better lighting. I cant understand why people would get excited over an old game. Because now its on the Wiii? thats just stupid.

Actually i believe it is a port out of both, one thing it has all of ps2 unlockable aspects, and it has the gamecubes graphical abilities which is over ps2's power! Besides werent the graphics a little crispier!

Oh, the only why peeps are getting it, is because of the new way of playing it, it may be old, but playing it in a new may make it even better.......................... i really dont see anything wrong with old games that came out in 2005 Shift!

I mean i still play PerfectDark and GoldenEye on My N64 when my friends come over!!

"Is there something wrong with that too?"

Last edited:
Because they have improved the controls of the game. No matter what anyone says, if done right aiming with the Wiimote is better than with an analog stick. Again, that depends on the developer getting the sensitivity right. From all I've read, even from Gamespot who gave it a 9.1 and they gave Scareface a 5.8, the controls are better than the previous versions. Gamespot is notorious for giving Wii games lower scores, but they actually gave this one a higher score than IGN did. That should say something.

In any case they are only charging $30 for this game. It is the best of both console versions, giving you the GC graphics with the PS2 extras.

Here's another thing Shift and Sovieto don't understand - not everybody played RE4 the last generation. Some didn't own a GC or PS2. Some simply didn't buy it because they weren't big fans of aiming with the analog stick = myself. Some just missed out for one reason or another. Now we get to play through the definitive verion for $30. That's why I'm excited. I loved the old school RE PS1 games. I'm now looking forward to checking this thing out.

I realize that you two dislike the release of RE4 for the Wii. That's fine. You've stated your opinions. But, there are some that disagree with you. You completely refuse to aknowledge that another position of this issue could exist. Because you say we shouldn't buy this game that becomes gospel. That's pure BS. I'm not going to buy Mario Party 8 but I'm also not going to barge my way into every MP8 thread and tell people they shouldn't buy that game. Again, if all ya'll are going to do is hate on this console why are you here?

i know what wrong with playing old games i still play super smash bros melee which came out in 2001

Yea. $30 is fine. If I owned, played and beaten the GCN version.. I'd still buy this tbh. The aiming would be fun. Easier in my opinion too.

It's funny to see people blast a game without even knowing the full story. The Wii version is a combination of both previous console versions. It has the GC's graphics and realtime cutscenes while adding the PS2 extras, and it runs in 16:9. Also, Shift, the graphics on the GC version have been stated by many sources to be better than the PS2 version.

Back